ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

11780294003_c77abf9fc2_z.jpg

Aux Setup by Simon_89, on Flickr

Got a few things for Xmas to allow me to listen to my iPhone a bit easier in the car, this cable utilises an aux cable and charger into a dock.

I removed the cigarette lighter, covered any exposed metal on it to prevent any possible short circuits. I then fed the cables through the hole, rerouted the original aux cable down behind the head unit and to the area beneath the cup holders. Using a twin female audio connector I simply joined the wires up that attach from the aux cable that plugs into the back of the head unit and the aux cable from the iPhone dock and hey presto an audio solution that charges and plays music whilst not having cables all over the place

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
put some windscreen washer in it, filled it with diesel twice and drove 650 miles.

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Fitted new interior light, new boot light, debated buying more bulbs to do LED light for the number plate but not sure if it'll look strange on the standard car before it's lowered. Opened UPC and dried with a hair dryer on lightest setting as was having headlight issues and someone said it could be getting wet, and replaced the seal as well as resealing it with grease to hopefully make it more waterproof touch wood, problem hasn't happened today since I did it! Going to take off wiper arms later and then take off the scuttle panel and mend the drains by taking off the flaps as someone told me to on here! Thanks @lemonnobby1

Might buy full membership, and then write a guide on how to clear the drains also for other members with the same problem later.

04 Clio 172, Meg 250
New dogbone mount and driveshaft today. Stopped it knocking and makes it feel a bit more responsive.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Took it out yestersay and it came back with a new addition:

ahuryqav.jpg

Track filth = Grinning

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Anyone tried that plastidip? I've seen some YouTube vids and it looks great

My mates done a few bits on the interior of his Impreza
It's good because if you get bored, it peels off

RB Clio 182
How did you get the engine looking like that? Looks smart.

Not that hard tbh mate.

Sprayed inlet manifold and fuel rail guard bmw sparkling graphite with polished writing
New coolant tank
Aluminium strut covers
Aluminium battery cover
90 degrees alloy induction bend
Polished the aircon pipes/aluminium parts etc
Hoovered/cleaned the engine carpet at the back of the bay
Sprayed engine bay with de greaser, used a small brush to remove dust/dirt
Sprayed engine bay with a q/d then wiped everything down clean
Treated all rubbers/plastics/wires with bumper/plastic dressing
Give the bay a final wipe down with a q/d

Think thats about it mate, i did have an engine cover fitted which i removed the other day due to me loosing the clip with holds the oil filler part to the cover, it looks crap without that part fitted so i have removed it for now, i think i am going to leave it off tho tbh.

I did spray my engine cover arden blue with a yellow/blue 2.0l 16v sticker, heres a pic with that fitted for a comparison

f377b967-ef3b-4bc1-a042-89cb786ef986_zpsfbd0983f.jpg

182 FF Racing Blue
Spark plugs, pollen filter and oil! How hard is it to get your hands into that tiny engine bay to get the oil filter out!
Just got gearbox oil, lambda sensor, new S/S exhaust and rear brakes to do now!

RB Clio 182
Spark plugs, pollen filter and oil! How hard is it to get your hands into that tiny engine bay to get the oil filter out!
Just got gearbox oil, lambda sensor, new S/S exhaust and rear brakes to do now!

Did you remove the fuel rail guard?

It makes it a lot easier.

LY FF182
New number plate light.. What a difference! LED bulb at the weekend I think. Fitted a new pattern OE air filter to replace my FILTHY k and n. Noticed absolute no difference but gonna clean the other one and put it back see if I can notice any change then. Also checked the freezing point of my coolant.. Only at -15 degrees :/ empty and refresh coming soon!

Clio 182
New number plate light.. What a difference! LED bulb at the weekend I think. Fitted a new pattern OE air filter to replace my FILTHY k and n. Noticed absolute no difference but gonna clean the other one and put it back see if I can notice any change then. Also checked the freezing point of my coolant.. Only at -15 degrees :/ empty and refresh coming soon!

What's the led bulb am looking for one ?

Mec 350 slk manual
I will take some tomorrow tom as it a bit dark but it looks a treat , ordered some door mirror covers and having all the front end of the car painted like bumper wings bonnet and blended down the doors etc I thought it time to mint it up ,