ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Strange, I used it a while ago and it lasted absolutely ages and was Beeding for ages too, It goes on insanely thin and I think that's the only thing I'm not so sure about, I like to see what I've done easily haha, doesn't take away from how well it done though, each to their own, I'd buy it again if I didn't have too many waxes already haha

Clio 200t
Thought I'd leave a quick review on 'chemical guys bug bugger' as titled on cyc, however when it came it's called 'bug and tar remover'

Since owning a LY car ive noticed a massive increase in the amount of bugs I get on the front bumper, really bothering me as they are stubborn to get off. I had some AG bug remover in my cleaning pantry but it didn't do a great deal to help get them off, only scrubbing removed them.

I bought this product as it had a couple of solid reviews on cyc so thought I'd give it a punt. Driven it a lot this week so it was caked in them at the front. Product recommendations reccomend 1:3 but i just sprayed a couple of squirts neat on the front, being as it came with a sprayer and it was late and didn't fancy making up a bottle.

It is absolutely fantastic. I left it to dwell for about a minute and then proceeded to wash the front with a mitt. They all came off with ease. I will try it diluted next time to see how it is but ive used such a tiny amount and they are all off and it's reletivley cheap I don't know if I will bother.

Highly recommended particularly if you have white or yellow or any other light colour.

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
recieved junes waxybox and ordered july's (the final one) beefed up the last waxybox with a vitreo sample!

Clio 182 - RB
C37ED0FA-E4E2-44A9-ACF9-1190473A916D_zpsgwz8c6ry.jpg

Got this today - As i'm getting more and more in to this 'detailing' scene i think its time to up my game, so has anybody got any tips on first time claying and how to get to this stage such as de-tar ect? & products?

Any help/info would be much appreciated!

Mini GP2
Just put an order in with PolishedBliss

Gyeon Bathe+ 400ml
Gyeon Wetcoat 500ml
Gyeon Iron 500ml

Looking forward to trying out some Gyeon products.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Another 12 bottles of Triple. The blokes at work love it and plough through the stuff!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
12 bottles! Holy Christ

Nothing interesting lately, more carpro wash mits,couple of bottles Sonax BSD, still waiting on eurocarparts to delivery when they said they had stock, sonax nano paint protect sealant

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Yeah we do 35+ cars a day so we soon get through it.

I'd love to use more of their products but it's just not financially viable. I had to beg beg and beg to get this over the dog piss they were using before.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah we do 35+ cars a day so we soon get through it.

I'd love to use more of their products but it's just not financially viable. I had to beg beg and beg to get this over the dog piss they were using before.
So are these people different to the normal fucktards that work at dealerships and clean brand new cars with old school sponges and chamois and carry on washing after dropping the sponge 12 times?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Managed to get a contact who works closely with Slims detailing, discount and no delivery so ordered a few bits I needed and a new mitt. Very excited about the mitt! Awesome piece of kit and less up keep than those merino ones. AF puck with MF pad to try with my Werkstat Prime, need new MFs anyway so thought I'd give it a try!

New work cloths from Costco, I go through these like crazy. Great for wheels and glass etc.

c362ca45334ed0e12adb477cf228a408.jpg

13e4db17bce560c9014dfdccb76ffed0.jpg

56534f21e3635136e172c76a62625049.jpg

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Fibres look very similar to my old microfibre madness mitt. Lasted well but was a pain to rinse out all the dirt properly.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Fibres look very similar to my old microfibre madness mitt. Lasted well but was a pain to rinse out all the dirt properly.
I tried this one during a detail and thought the exact same Dave, has a different inners/absorber but the fibre idea seems the same and feels much nicer to us than the usual lambswool etc.

I'd not bought anything an a fair while (and Scrooge's detailed my car a few times :cool:)

3M 3434 Masking Tape
AF Tripple - 500ml
AG - Engine & Machine cleaner (1000ml)
CarPro - Eraser (500ml)
CarPro - Iron X (1000ml)
CarPro - Tar X (600ml)
CarPro - Reload Spray Sealant
CarPro - Detailing Clay Trio Pack
CarPro - DLUX Sealant Kit
Dodo Juice - Soft Touch Premium Drying Towel
Foam Wax Applicator x3
Valet Pro - Inch Round Wheel Brush
Wolfs Chemicals - Aggressive Detailing Clay
+ some more Microfibre cloths.

Since I'm getting my wheels refurbed I'm going to do all in the arches etc. I already have wax etc so didn't need that.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Bought some mer high shine shampoo 1l, merguires Polish and the wax they do. 3 for 2 so not too bad. Unless it's crap then it is bad lol

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
the mer shampoo is fine for extra shine add 2 caps of the mer polish to the shampoo m8,it will kill the suds but adds to the finish

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Shampoo seemed good. Note to self do not cover one side of the car in mer Polish, twit to remove. Was in a rush to get ready for footy, that's my excuse lop

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Had to pick this up second hand! What an awesome time in detailing!

a27ad504e580447f0e947c4c0f0d3cf5.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
So are these people different to the normal fucktards that work at dealerships and clean brand new cars with old school sponges and chamois and carry on washing after dropping the sponge 12 times?
2 buckets, wash mitts, acid free wheel cleaner, clean micro fibres every car.

We do make the effort. Which explains why I blow my budget month in month out! Lol.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
That's pretty awesome though Dan. In fairness decent shampoo cam be bought in massive quantities and mitts last when not lying around the floor. As do drying towels.

I reckon a wash, dry, tyre foam/gel and a cheap QD could have a car looking immense for pick up.

I have such respect t for the guys that do interiors in minutes and make them look new. I just can't do it! I still pay someone after all these years!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
@gally get yourself an Autosmart Vortex. It turns a 5 hour valet on a shitter to a 2 hour minter. Best thing I've ever bought.
It's also the best thing you can use on carpet mats. I'll get a video tomorrow.

Reactions: Gus

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Nice. Did you have to show them how or did they already kinda know?
They had all the equipment but were just never shown what to do and why they should do it.
Don't get me wrong, we're miles away from where I want to be but we're heading in the right direction.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I used it on my Trophy engine bay Dan and s**t myself! Blows everything out the water. I had g101 in it.

Some guys are just really good at interiors!

Just ran out of my shampoo (was using Zaino and Gtechniq). Any other recommendations, or I'll order the same again?

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
According to detailing world Garry Deans perfect soap and Nanolex are up there with the best of them.

I've not tried either but use duragloss 901.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Just ran out of my shampoo (was using Zaino and Gtechniq). Any other recommendations, or I'll order the same again?
Gwash has got worse. Seems to gum up coatings and stuff now.

Some great shampoos out there.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Gwash has got worse. Seems to gum up coatings and stuff now.

Some great shampoos out there.
Really? That's a bit worrying. I've not used it since it first came out but thought it was pretty decent.

Autofinesse lather
Britemax cleanmax
Hubikote hubiwash
Dodojuice born to be mild
Wolfs chemicals white satin
Chemical guys mr pink
Meguiars ultimate wash and wax
All the above of all that I have tried are pretty decent

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Cleanmax gets better everytime I use it.

Reset really is very good even though I bum CarPro. Out suds BTBM imo and glides better.

Bilthamber autowash would be the only shampoo I use if it never came in such a small bottle, really enhances their products and some waxes. Seems to regenerate them.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
@gally how you getting on with the gtechniq wash mitt? I sold my incredimitt on and got more carpro washmitts but thinking of going back

Recent purchases
Carpro reload
Carpro reset
Carpro ironX lemon scent
Finish kare 425 QD
4" and 5 " Scholl copy spider sandwich cutting and black waffle finishing pads

Clio with a body kit
image.jpg

Often hear people rave about seal feed so thought I'd give it a try. Also the range stock stoners which is my favourite window cleaner so grabbed a bottle.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
@gally how you getting on with the gtechniq wash mitt? I sold my incredimitt on and got more carpro washmitts but thinking of going back

Recent purchases
Carpro reload
Carpro reset
Carpro ironX lemon scent
Finish kare 425 QD
4" and 5 " Scholl copy spider sandwich cutting and black waffle finishing pads

I love it mate. Did you just change because your really wanted the merino one? Or was there something wrong with the incredimitt?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Just ordered 2 dodo juice new spray air fresheners,cant beat the whiff of born to be mild in the car

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I love it mate. Did you just change because your really wanted the merino one? Or was there something wrong with the incredimitt?
Sold it as I always went straight for the carpro mitt. Now I've got some new carpro mitts just finding them a bit cumbersome and not needed, but I guess maintenance washes are easy with the current weather. Just the GT mitt is well priced

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's just a bit more robust imo. Bare in mind I've used a supernatural sponge alongside a mitt for a few years now.