ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Ordered some scholl 40s after getting great reports from Alex @ADS1982

By far the best product I've used so far. Need to top it with something though. Been a while since I've been that impressed tbh

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
Just taken delivery of some krystal kleen detail products ; blizzard snowfoam, screenwash and a selection of their air fresheners

Heard good reports about their snow foam so looking forward to trying it out, air fresheners smell good aswell with a quick try

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Anybody got a link to some cheap microfibres for door shuts etc? I bought a load of blue ones years ago for a good price but doubt they do them anymore as it was that long ago!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Costco ones as said are actually a pretty good quality and would happily use them for any job.

The ebay ones are awful, likely to blow away in the wind.

Would you go as far as to use them on paint? I have a few better quality, plusher ones that I tend to use to remove wax/sealant etc but thought I'd ask.

Costco it is.

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
Would you go as far as to use them on paint? I have a few better quality, plusher ones that I tend to use to remove wax/sealant etc but thought I'd ask.

Costco it is.

Iv used them on paint for years. Ordered some from a local detailing supplier and the cloths he supplied / uses are the exact same pile thickness as the Costco ones. Granted you do get thicker ones but theres nothing wrong with the smaller, less plush ones. I find them a lot easier to work with.
be smart when folding the cloth and you get a lot of use out of it

Inferno 225 cup
67e082588e0656a468b56f7ccccda572.jpg

Not bought anything as I've not been washing any cars [emoji15] but now the Megane is back, will have it looking [emoji108] in no time.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Went to Costco at the weekend and got some of the yellow microfibres. Look good quality and price was decent too. Thanks for the suggestions lads!

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
A load of DA pads from chemical guys uk.

Over a week ago. Still no show, no phone number to contact them and no reply to emails.

First and last time I'll be ordering from them.

Clio with a body kit

Over a week ago. Still no show, no phone number to contact them and no reply to emails.

I had one order from them a couple of years ago. A couple of spray heads and something else small was missing. I contacted them via email and they responded quickly to say the missing items would be posted quickly.
They never arrived so I will never use them again either. Not a great company by all accounts.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon

Unfortunately its a mixed bag with them,here is direct number for owner of Chemical guys uk.David is his name 07515 521590

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Unfortunately its a mixed bag with them,here is direct number for owner of Chemical guys uk.David is his name 07515 521590

Cheers mate I did find that number earlier.

He said it was sent last Monday by parcel force...

He didn't say anything about checking to see where it was but just said he will send again by courier tomorrow...

But the small pads I wanted are no longer in stock so I've had to settle for something else.

Won't be using them again.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Basically he never sent them,I get my chemical guys stuff from shopnshine.Top service and free sweets :up:

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Basically he never sent them,I get my chemical guys stuff from shopnshine.Top service and free sweets :up:

You know what I usually buy from Dom at shopnshine as well. I'm honestly don't know why I bought these from Chem guys uk.

I be spending my money with Dom in future.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Didn't know about prima slick. This is how long ago. When chi first joined years ago he asked what I used, prima amigo. I dropped it round for him to borrow and that's the first time I'd met him.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Prima Amigo is brilliant, did my old black A3 with it by hand, couldn't feel my arm by the end of the day!

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
To be fair, I probably applied a bit too much pressure when I applied it (It was a few years ago now) but yes I did do quite a few layers. Then a few layers of Vics Concours over the top. Looked absolutely brilliant for the whole 3 days it stayed clean!

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Didn't know about prima slick. This is how long ago. When chi first joined years ago he asked what I used, prima amigo. I dropped it round for him to borrow and that's the first time I'd met him.

Slick is probably my favourite QD. Especially on dark colours.

I used it on the Beemer last week after a quick maintenance wash and it looked err 'Slick' lol

When I drive into the hanger at work I got lots of very nice comments.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I saw so many good reviews of amigo I bought a bottle rears ago now, and sold it on shortly after

Left a lovely slick finish, but didn't think it cleansed or filled very well, didn't really do an aweful lot by hand or DA.

In a general detail what do you use it for, what product does it replace?