ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is this sensor?

So I have degreased and jet washed my engine bay after replacing my oil level sensor which I thought was pissing out oil under pressure, I have replaced and cleaned, ran around the block and it is oily again.. So turns out it isn't that! Can someone tell me what this other sensor is? It is only getting wet around the front (alternator, starter, radiator, underside of bonnet) so I presumed it's the oil level sensor or this other one.. I ordered up a oil pressure sensor thinking it was that but it isn't the same sensor, and others say it's a different location so I must be wrong. Any help would be great.. If anyone has had this problem of oil spraying over the front of the bay, or if someone can tell me what sensor this is (poss oil temp)? It is a 1.2 16v 2002 clio.

rajanaqa.jpg

clio dci , ren8
Hello the sensor pictured is the knock sensor & has no oil going to it just relies on engine temp , I had a similar problem on a customers car that turned out he had had the manifold off & left on of the bolts out , These go straight through the head in to the oil gallery so worth a look ;)

Ahh great!! The guy took the manifold out to clean it before selling the car too me, could be the problem! Thanks mate!

Hello the sensor pictured is the knock sensor & has no oil going to it just relies on engine temp , I had a similar problem on a customers car that turned out he had had the manifold off & left on of the bolts out , These go straight through the head in to the oil gallery so worth a look ;)

Ur rite about the knock sensor bit but it has nothing to do with engine temp it works off noise