ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what map? (please help, confused)

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
right I'm a bit confused here.
Can somebody who knows for a FACT what the 98ron map does reply please.
ive just taken my car out to get some fuel etc and while on a long dual straight I planted it in 2nd gear and hit the limiter at 7.5k done the same in third, planted it and hit the limiter at 7.5k.
ive got an RS tuner on order and was wondering if it will show any other map that could have possibly been done?
The bloke who had the car before me said it had been mapped but couldn't remember where or what map (he had no reason to lie I bought it from a car garage, I just got his number off old paperwork - I'm only the 2nd owner from new)
Will whatever the ECU is running have a distinct code to a version of a map? As in a standard ECU version has a certain code?
I did plug bobs rs tuner in at oulton but it didn't show any maps, just the same code as his standard ECU but that could of been because the module is locked to his ECU I guess.
I will find out when mine arrives but I'm just curious if every map has a distinct code so I can cross reference it and try and find out what it is and who done it if there is one. I don't want to be putting the 98ron map on and then finding out it has actually been properly mapped somewhere else.
I can save the current ECU file anyway cant I and revert back to it of I wish

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
If you're revving to 7.5k then its been mapped in someway.

When you connect the RS Tuner you should see a history of when calibration files were changed etc.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
hmmm. Cheers guys. Will I only see that James if the tuner is unlocked to my ECU as I plugged in bob the builders and it didn't show anything previous.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
wp_ss_20150203_0001.png

In the list at the top where it says programming history, will it tell me what map has been put onto the ECU previously?

so for example, if it is already running the 98ron map it will say fastchip in the "TOOL" tab.

If its just standard what should it show?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
hmmm. Cheers guys. Will I only see that James if the tuner is unlocked to my ECU as I plugged in bob the builders and it didn't show anything previous.
I'm not sure mate to be honest.

@McGherkin will know more than me about it. Its been a fair few years since I've messed about with one

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
ok mate, no worries.
I will just run the map from the rs tuner anyway. its not going to hurt anything either way as its not going to lower the limiter and should give me a steadier flow of power as I still get a heavy 5k kick.
Ive been readin about and it could just be a generic map that raises the limiter and that's all as my idle is still pretty lumpy aswell.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
IIRC if the RSTuner isn't unlocked, it won't show anything in the top right, but it still shows the calibration in the bottom list (below where it says 'calibration' on the caption in the above screenshot, in this case 0130)

If the car has an RSTuner Map then it will say Fastchip. I'm willing to put money on it being RSTuner'ed already.

I thought mine was unmapped, but so did the last two people who put rstuner maps on it.
rstuned.png

Mine still gets the 5k kick too.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
cheers @McGherkin. I will just have to wait and see then. So I just unlock my ecu with the code Henk gives me and see what it says in the top right? Anything to do with fastchip will be the 98ron map?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
cheers @McGherkin. I will just have to wait and see then. So I just unlock my ecu with the code Henk gives me and see what it says in the top right? Anything to do with fastchip will be the 98ron map?

Pretty much.

i take it FFOIX is the standard ECU software that the car comes with?

On mine yes. Yours may be different.

this is strange mine says fastchip on screen but no 7.5k limiter odd

What is it limiting at? 6800rpm?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Is it listed twice, or anything listed above the fastchip entry?

You've got the standard map, so it could be an unsuccessful write, or it could be that whoever programmed the car took the map off for some reason.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
hi no i remapped it ,henk said i probably read the standard ecu cal,he said even though it says fastchip doesnt mean the right map file was usedgoing to retry tomz got new license and map again 2nd time lucky lol

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like you've backed up your standard map then accidentally uploaded that rather than the 98 ron one then.

The fastchip entry on the ECU history is related to the software used to load that cal, rather than the cal itself. Theoretically you could create a custom map in RSTuner and it would still say fastchip.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
thought I would of came today but it hasn't. Hopefully tomorrow.
Is there an order in which to disconnect it after I have run the map file?
like, press disconnect, then ignition off or the other way round.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
have just read on another post that 5E10 is a 98ron map, just an older version.
is that correct?
If so I think that is wjat I am running at the moment? Is it worth updating to the newest one?

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
and a waste of £160. Or maybe £40 if I sell it. So I can backup both the ecu and the cal already being used? I like how it runs at the moment but thought a remap would be even better. if I see no gains I will revert back. Cant see it being any worse to be fair.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
100% read ECU first - backs up the whole ECU.

When I tried mine for the first time it bricked the ECU back to 0000 0000. I'd saved my ECU though so it wasn't a problem, but it would have been if I hadn't!

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
ok cheers. I'm just waiting for Henk tonget back to me with the unlock code and map file. I will back it all up first then.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
1100 when I start it up. 900-950 warm.
is a bit of a lumpy idle when a but warmer though and cold start isn't the best.
can hit 7500rpm too.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Same as mine pretty much then. Either they're both mapped or neither is and I've been driving around in a needlessly slower car, but I'm afraid the answer probably is that it's mapped.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
all I'm worried about is putting this map on and it lacks power or isn't as responsive. Can you do it for me matt I don't feel safe lol. I will come to you :smiley:

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
nobody seems to know what u die nxr is i got it on mine but nobody has the foggiest what it is,if you get nearly 100 in third lee its mapped

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
well I've got people saying different things here so I'm still not sure. I will just run the map what Henk sends me and if its better I will keep, if its s**t I will not.