ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what map? (please help, confused)

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
ha ha i like yes standard gears is 64 in 2nd and 87 in third on the mark 2 172

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
hi have u got any info on the gearing i got a autocar from 2003 giving the 172 gear speeds but nothing else

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
ok. Why are you saying different then James?
So if Henk sends me another map file it could be a newer version of the same map?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
hi have u got any info on the gearing i got a autocar from 2003 giving the 172 gear speeds but nothing else
gearboxratio.jpg

089 is Ph1 172
129 is Ph2 172 Cup
130 is Ph2 172/182 'normal'

IIRC.

As I said before, there is no point checking if you have the map by checking your speed in gear, because you dont know which gearbox and gearing you have for sure.

Especially when there's easier methods such as idle rpm, rev limiter, and other things.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Have watched the fastchip vids and am pretty confident doing it now. When you first plug it in it tells you how to backup the ecu anyway. What is the read ecu tab for at the top if you are already prompted to read it anyway?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
lee just done mine,i hadnt uploaded the 98 cal last time i did it,now my idle has gone from 750 to constant 1000 chuffed to bits will give it a blast tomorrow to report the difference,it was real easy in the end

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
just come back from mot the little beast im bunged up with manflu Lee so gonn take it out tomorrow have u done yours yet?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
24 hrs hes overseas though diff time zone,hes been very helpful answered every email quickly,i was panicking its a piece of cake to do m8 really dont stress -_-

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
I wanted to do it tonight but nevermind. Should hopefully have it tomorrow. Can you post up a screenshot of yours with the map on so I can compare it to mine to make sure its done.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
hi mate it makes no difference the screenshot,thats coming from henk the main thing is to save the 98ron cale file to your documents and then when mapping,this will come up in the box youll understand what i mean when you set yours up,i got 1k idle now much better

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
mine said fastchip which is correct,but i didnt load the 98 cal file thats where i went wrong now dough

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
I have got the unlock code and map file now.
I have only 1 .cal file which is the 98ron map.
Do I backup the ecu I currently have and the .cal file.
Then click on write CAL and select the new one and that's it done?

I don't have to write a new ECU or anything?

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
ok. @ADS1982 is saying j need to write ECU with a .rst file from Henk first?
I havnt received a .rst file, only a .cal

f**k me this s**t is a ball ache...

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
On this video he clicks on "fastest" before he backs up the ECU.
The second time he connects he clicks on "presets" before he writes the .CAL

Is that essential? (sorry, just covering all points before I go and do this)

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
right... So... It hasn't saved my old ecu or .cal file. Says it has installed the new .cal but now my limiter in second is under 7k.
idle is now 1000 or just under. Made it worse and I cant change it back.... f**k sake

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Im running 7300 / 5410. How long does yours take to warm up, the needle was at half way on the temp gauge (I know that's not always correct)
Im begging it to go past 7k. Not that I do it all the time but its nice to know it will go there.

Idle rpm when cold has improved now. It used to sit on about 850-900 but is now a constant 950.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
better be or im driving to nl. None of my files backed up after it said they had. Has also thrown up the ABS fault when I plug rs tuner in.
Isnt showing anything on the dash though.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
When I went to backup the .cal file it was actually called rstuner_ something so it was mapped. Feels the same as before anyway and the cold idle is better. Will just wait and see about the rev limiter. Might have to have a drive down to you Matt so I can give it some on the way.

When I went to backup the .cal file it was actually called rstuner_ something so it was mapped. Feels the same as before anyway and the cold idle is better. Will just wait and see about the rev limiter. Might have to have a drive down to you Matt so I can give it some on the way.

Hah, I'd come have a look but not about sadly!

Either way, after about 10min it should be up to temp, if your cold idle is better then it's defo mapped now, and it should feel smoother/better in the middle rev range.