ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What should i offer?

Turbo'd lude, Astra
Went and looked at a 182 today, what an amazing car!!, The drive was beautiful, didn't hear any rattles either!

He wants £8995 for it, 2004 54, silver with cup pack, 9000K in very good condition apart from the alloys (3 out of 4 need refurbing)!!! Also it needs its first service any ideas how much this will be?

I think it is a good price what do you think?

I'm in a bit of a sticky situation here because my other half is away and i need a car by the end of the week as mine is now sold, so in two minds whether to wait, get this one or keep looking!

Any advice would be appreciated

Seems very steep.
Good condition IMo means no damaged wheels for starters.

Anway £8k I'd offer not much more say look on the trader there ones with 28k 54platers for £8k and thats what there aksing not what there getting

BMW 535D
which cup pack has it got? it got both?? id be cheeky and try £8000 and work up in £100 incraments on the basis tha the wheels will cost over £150 to refurb :p

Turbo'd lude, Astra
Yes it has got both cup packs!

I was thinking of starting off at £8000, then increasing a little at a time.

When i went to look at it i was under the impression it was immaculate, only to take one look at the alloys and see that all bar 1 were in terrible condition, you would think that after scuffing one you would be careful with the others!

Then when i turned up he wasnt there it was his dad, who didnt really have a clue! When i took it for a test drive his dad drove first, he stalled it twice, couldn't find reverse and then tried pulling away in third. I couldn't quite believe that i was telling him how to drive the car!

When ever I go & look at a car I always look at it first & if i'm interested go back & look at it again - this way you may notice something you didn't the first time.

Tbh if my car was up for 9k there's no way i'd accept 8k for it, he'll prob drop £500 if your lucky, but some people don't really budge at all, in which case if you can't get to a good figure, go to walk away - they'll either accept or just let you go.
If there are any others near you go and see them so your not pinning it all on one car:)

I've recently bought a 182, 54 plate, 30k, spolier pack, no suspension but in mint condition (unmarked alloys) for £7500. Not sure how good this deal was, but i'd be hard pushed paying £1,500 for less miles and the suspension pack.
I'd be happy paying up to £8,250, but as others say if its up for 9000 then that may be a push.

133/225/CLS AMG
Does seem a bit expensive for a car thats not in the best condition, all be it with a low mileage.
My missus paid about £9.5k for a 182 Cup on an 05 plate with 6500 miles on it, was totally immaculate inside and out so practically brand new.

I'd say offer just over £8k for it but try and pick up on all the little things that might need doing like the service in a few thousand miles and getting the wheels sorted. Might accept and offer more easily!!