ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What size are the cans of Renault tyre weld in 172/182 cups ?

Here i go again, more about tyre weld and spare wheels.

Lol :rasp:

I'm going away to buy a can (or two) of tyre weld tomorrow and was wandering what size is the can of Renault tyre weld you get in the 172/182 cups ?

By that i mean, is it 300ml,500ml etc etc.

As i don't want to buy a can and find out i don't have enough to inflate my tyre :(

IMO get a spare wheel its much better.

I think the cans are 300ml form memory. I'd get the 500mm anyway but again I'd never use the stuff.

Dodgy one
Theyre ot 300mm in mine theyre bigger than a can of coke i think they#re 400mm although i'l double check tomorrow if no one else posts

PH2 172
IMO get a spare wheel its much better.

I think the cans are 300ml form memory. I'd get the 500mm anyway but again I'd never use the stuff.

why get a spare wheels adds on weight thats why the cups didnt put a spare wheel in the first place to keep the weight down.

PH2 172
Where can u get these cans from as i havnt got any in ym cup at the moment what do i have to look for anthing in particaler

PH2 172
ok would they know in halfords if i asked for them and what size are they and how mcuh are they

PH2 172
yeah but i brough it of a lady so not sure she would of stole them never now though lmao robbing f**ker

some deadly-dull tyre weld facts:
i think the cans originally supplied with the car were 2x300ml. Renault have upped the diameter of the cans that they supply and two of the new cans won't fit together in the foam holder in the wheel well.
they also supply 400ml cans which are the same diameter, just taller; if it helps, part number of the 400ml can is 7711 221 296 - £5.10.

i think the cans originally supplied with the car were 2x300ml. Renault have upped the diameter of the cans that they supply and two of the new cans won't fit together in the foam holder in the wheel well.
they also supply 400ml cans which are the same diameter, just taller; if it helps, part number of the 400ml can is 7711 221 296 - £5.10.

Why did Renault up the size of the cans ?

Was there not enough in the old ones to inflate a tyre ?

sorry - i could have explained that better; the 'new' cans are available in both 300 and 400ml - they're the same diameter and are fatter than the original cans. the 400ml can is taller than the 300.

sorry - i could have explained that better; the 'new' cans are available in both 300 and 400ml - they're the same diameter and are fatter than the original cans. the 400ml can is taller than the 300.

Ok cheers mate ;)

I may as well order a few cans from my dealer if there only £5 odd for a big can :)

That seems cheaper the Halfrauds etc.