ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What To Do?!?! Sell or keep?!

just-that-ek

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane R26
So my clutch has decided to go on the way home luckily it was around the corner from a garage I've used before so got pushed down there. Anyway I'm looking at around £500 to get it done as I need a fuel sender unit aswel.

It's on 97k 172 iceberg ATM needs a few bits doing aswel.

Is it actually worth getting it all replaced and how much would it be worth in spares? Not looking to break it just get rid of it as a hole.

And no I can't do it myself as I haven't got the tools or know anyone who can do it on the cheap.

Transit & Death trap
It'll be worth more as a running/working car IMO and I personally wouldn't pay more than a few hundred quid, for what is effectively a ''non runner'', so if you want any sort of decent money back, fix it or break it yourself.

just-that-ek

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane R26
It'll be worth more as a running/working car IMO and I personally wouldn't pay more than a few hundred quid, for what is effectively a ''non runner'', so if you want any sort of decent money back, fix it or break it yourself.

How much is a couple of hundred quid? I'd say £500?

If I get it in working order after that it's need a cambelt aswel £5-700.
I then decide to sell it, what could I get £1200 tops.

Transit & Death trap
With a new clutch and cambelt, plus a decent bit of S/History I think £1,200 - £1,400 would be achievable.
All depends on condition and history though, if there's no history, knackered/burnt seats, dented bonnet/doors then it's a different story, but with what appears to be a generally standard car, I'd repair clutch, do cambelt and sell complete....
Or just enjoy it, knowing it's good for a few more years ;)

just-that-ek

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane R26
With a new clutch and cambelt, plus a decent bit of S/History I think £1,200 - £1,400 would be achievable.
All depends on condition and history though, if there's no history, knackered/burnt seats, dented bonnet/doors then it's a different story, but with what appears to be a generally standard car, I'd repair clutch, do cambelt and sell complete....
Or just enjoy it, knowing it's good for a few more years ;)

Tbh I was looking to sell it soon anyway, so getting all the stuff done ect just to be sold I'm literally just paying for those bits to get done then getting my money back after selling it.