ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What's more important to you....

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique
Had an interesting thought earlier..

Everyone likes to clean/polish/wax their car so it looks very nice and pretty, and I'm sure everyone prefers to have a nice clean interior, but if you had to choose one or the other, what would it be?

Having your car looking immaculate on the outside for people to admire?

Or would you rather have a nice clean and hygienic interior, since this is where you spent most of your time with the car?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I clean the outside more often than the inside, but carry a glass cleaner and cloth in the car. As long as the glass is clean keep the outside shining, but for my sake, neighbours and friends think it's a waste of time

Exterior. Interior never gets dirty enough for me to want to clean it, just a bit of gravel or whatever on the mats.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Interior all the way, i only like a clean car in dry/warm weather. Washing a car between the months of August to June in Scotland is a waste of time!

i had "I'm a c**t" written on my dirty rear window for 3 weeks tanks to welshname on here lol
I had 'TITS TURBO' on the back of my Impreza until the day I sold it. My mate did it when it was dirty and it would NOT come off! Was black too.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Always exterior. Maybe sub-consciously it shows I care what other people think. :eek:

My interior doesn't get dirty per sé.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Always exterior. Maybe sub-consciously it shows I care what other people think. :eek:

My interior doesn't get dirty per sé.

Exactly this for me too. My cars used to be spotless both inside and out until I went self employed now I'm too busy to spend 3 hours or more on the weekend cleaning two cars inside and out. If its clean on the outside then that's good enough.

Like gally said the inside dosen't get that dirty, so I can get away without doing the inside in the time i probably do 4 to 6 external washes.

Allan-

ClioSport Club Member
i normally clean both about once a week, quick wash and hover keeps it looking ok.
Although other poeple tend to mess it up, my williams had beer spilt all in the inside due to drunk friends on a night out :S
But outside mainly as i like it to look nice ;D

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Exterior, as my interior stays quite clean and tidy, however my daughter decided to trample all over my leather seats the other day and put dirty foot prints on the glove box, got to love kids!

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique
I did expect the majority to say exterior and I would agree, mostly on the basis that I think it's more important to keep the paintwork looking good, I think even if the interior gets pretty dirty it doesn't take as much work to get it clean again, or at least not as much work as it takes to get the outside clean :)

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Both really, although i do clean the exterior more bit only because i keep the interior clean & tidy. Even put mf's down on my mats :)

This time of year, neither is important to me but during spring, summer and autumn I prefer keeping my exterior clean. My car was clean when I bought it in August and I haven't touched the inside yet, it could just do with the glass cleaning everything else is clean enough for a car.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I love getting the inside of my cars dirty, it means I can clean them!

I love having a spotless interior. But my spotless though means seats out, runners de greased carpets washed etc. proper deep clean. Well worth it.

I'm doing the Beemer tomorrow and cannot wait!

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I love getting the inside of my cars dirty, it means I can clean them!

I love having a spotless interior. But my spotless though means seats out, runners de greased carpets washed etc. proper deep clean. Well worth it.

I'm doing the Beemer tomorrow and cannot wait!

I love a clean interior too, but can never be bothered to do it properly. Quick Hoover, happy days.

Does annoy me with the bits down the side on the seats, near the runners, that I can't squeeze my Hoover down though

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I love a clean interior too, but can never be bothered to do it properly. Quick Hoover, happy days.

Does annoy me with the bits down the side on the seats, near the runners, that I can't squeeze my Hoover down though

Paint brush, flick the bits out, then hoover them up off the floor.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I only ever took the matts out in the ph1 and it wasn't that bad really after year of owning it.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Probably exterior! I love walking back to my car and it's gleaming :) interior doesn't really bother me that much.

Honda & VW
For me i can bare a dirty exterior but not a dirty interior, however its quicker and easier to keep ontop of the inside of your car.