ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WHATS THE BEST FILTER OUT THERE?

a turbo'd yellow car
ryt now price? how much you want to spend?

you could get a new ITG or K&N pannel filter for aroun £50- £60

viper £170+

ITG MAXIGON £300+

a turbo'd yellow car
yeah i'd say i wud wana spend about 60,so will the ITG give me both sound and performance?

yeah give you maybe 3-4 BHP if you have good air feeds! its 10 times better than your standard filter anyway!

also with good airfeeds you will hear the induction suck when you plant your foot and hit about 3.5k

Sorry hopefully this brings up the vid!

th_MOV01080.jpg

a turbo'd yellow car
how cum you wana get rid?

been playing around with differant filters! got 4 atm lol

but the viper looks the best in my engine bay and helps my tork top end as it sucks in cold air from my front air feed!

will be getting an ITG MAXIGON next when one comes up as its a mug of a price atm brand new!

Attachments

• Dscn1802.jpg
    Dscn1802.jpg
    473.9 KB · Views: 109
I have ITG filter in the satndard airbox and using some 70mm ducting have feeds from the intake by the headlight.

Like this!

You can either take out a foglight and run a big one from there to whatever you decide to have or re-route behind the underlight bumper grille near where the standard ones go.

IMG_1908.jpg

IMG_1911.jpg

user_offline.gif

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
You can just pull the pipe off the right hand side of the air box if you want a nice sound;) and I haven't noticed any decrease in performance what so ever with that method.

200 Gordini
I've been told the standard filter will be the best for intake.. why do people always rave on about the panel filters then?

A Flamin' Red one
If you want noise then get a Carbon Simota Aeroform. It's an open filter but I've found no loss of power with the 70mm CAF I have running to it :)

to be honest i've been reliably informed that theres little difference between the ITG and KTEC filters, save yourself £30

To get full benefit you need a CAF and wider (samco etc) hose

Clio 172
if you replaced the oringinal panel filter for an itg panel filter would you need to declare this to your insurance company? if not would you need to declare if you gave it an improved caf? just something ive been wondering today

a turbo'd yellow car
if you replaced the oringinal panel filter for an itg panel filter would you need to declare this to your insurance company? if not would you need to declare if you gave it an improved caf? just something ive been wondering today

you should but its in the box so it will still just look standard!

182 cup packs
From reading around the forum on this subject it seems people rave about the itg panel filter in standard airbox, with acoustic valve removed and decent cold air feeds fitted. £60 is expensive for a panel filter though, i'm sure there can't be a lot of difference between all the aftermarket panel filters aparts from what they look like and the material used....

What shop sells suitable diameter cold air feeds (preferably not online)? Also looking for a cheap silicone intake elbow without the ridges - perhaps this would smooth the airflow a bit.. although the samco and hillpower bends are also expensive for what they are.