ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats wrong with your car right now??

Got a knock when I come OFF the brakes?! Very confusing as everything is tight, no play in the wishbone bushes (powerflex black series) and I'm pretty confident it's not the exhaust on the subframe

Any ideas?

2002 clio 1.2dynamic
running alot better but still being a b**ch so i think the next steps are going to be

throttle potentiometer or pedel then im not sure what next its really tempremental i cant get it do missfire when i want it to but when it does it missfires so bad it completely cuts out then switches on again

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Kaz, get the pedal tracks scoped (that will rule this component out) and the missfire issue is a tricky one as the description of what it's doing and when it does it is a little vague

182 FF
Running H&R coilovers on the front with std shocks and springs on the back, drives well but looks STUPID. No money to fix cos of kids birthdays/DIY/impending Xmas bills :(

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
My heater and air con need sorting ASAP
Front brakes
Front suspension
Then cosmetic's and it's back to perfect

Love the thing

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Intermittant starter motor problem. Started last weekend, immobiliser light would go out, but then it wouldn't even try and crank. Then it would crank 3 times quickly but then stop.

Went to pick a friend up tonight from his garage so he could come and take the pug off me. Got there, went to get back in the car, nothing. Managed to bump start it and all was well. Went to move it back onto my drive after the pug had gone and nothing. I hit it with a lump hammer a few times thinking it might be stuck started again, then out of curiosity I tried to start it again, nothing.

Went back into the engine bay and saw the terminals and earth were corroded quite bad, took them off and gave them a very quick clean and it started 4 or 5 times after that.

Going to inspect it properly this weekend.

Why did I buy another Clio.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Nothing wrong with the 182 either, all its requirements were satisfied by MicKPM earlier this year. ;)

As above though, it needs a wash... triple (compound) fracture to the ankle and a broken leg does not lend to very easy car washing at the weekend. :(
Been off work 9 weeks.

Think I've got a cracked abs ring, got in the car Monday eve to drive to work after not driving it all weekend and at slow speed breaking the pedal feels like the abs half-heartedly kicking in.
Rears were new genuine ones a couple of months ago, god knows how old the fronts are.
Abs rings good place to check first or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Intermittant starter motor problem. Started last weekend, immobiliser light would go out, but then it wouldn't even try and crank. Then it would crank 3 times quickly but then stop.

Went to pick a friend up tonight from his garage so he could come and take the pug off me. Got there, went to get back in the car, nothing. Managed to bump start it and all was well. Went to move it back onto my drive after the pug had gone and nothing. I hit it with a lump hammer a few times thinking it might be stuck started again, then out of curiosity I tried to start it again, nothing.

Went back into the engine bay and saw the terminals and earth were corroded quite bad, took them off and gave them a very quick clean and it started 4 or 5 times after that.

Going to inspect it properly this weekend.

Why did I buy another Clio.

If you didn't say about the bad earths, I assume it's 1.2 or similar? TDC sensor is pretty damn common for those symptoms.

Don't think anything is actually wrong with my 182. It's begging for a clean though and I just don't have the heart to car wash it but my broken and slowly healing ankle makes it a pain to do.

Suspension was refreshed over the weekend. Could probably bleed the breaks as f**k knows when that was last done. Front and rear bumpers could do with a respray just to tidy things up a little.
Mines had an easy life tbh.

MCS 2003
So car went in this morning

Subframe ok but - offside lower balljoint has loads of play in it and there is a tiny bit of give in the nearside top strut mount?!?!?!?!?

Oh and still needs a clean - b*gger

A SHED!
o/s top mount worn, stereo broken, horn not working, n/s parking light out and heater matrix broke. Can't be arsed, but gotta be done, along with oil & plugs and valve clearances. Spending this saturday doing it all before it gets too cold, all the parts are currently lying on my garage floor.

PH2 Flamer
Think my O/S/F wheel bearing is knackered again, only replaced less than 2 months ago.

Can't think what else the humming/droning noise could be. Also vibration through steering wheel going over 60mph.

Trip to the garage again, monthly thing it seems.

MCS 2003
Got the car back and now booked into SMC Weybridge to get the wishbone sorted ??? And on the way home some d*ckhead drove straight into the back of the car on his scooter - he was ok and so was his scooter but the rear valance on mine has got a large chip out of it as well as several massive scratches - looks alright to me he kept saying - F*cking specs avers are down the road was all I could reply hmmmmmmm

Clio 172
Injector Injector Injector, the car has already eating one, and another one went on friday night which left me in limp mode all the way home, apart from that I cannot complain mush. Last week the CV boot went, And I did the easy fix and brought a Sticky Boot, which to my surprise worked great, and was a very easy repair, as long as you keep everything clean, and take you time these things really work.

172 Ph2
Traction control and service light come on during a jaunt, totally randomly and then off again when the cars restarted.

Doing my head in.

Clio 182
it would seem everything is wrong with my car.

Bought it 3 weeks ago, Dephaser is now making noise, so got to do Cambelt aux belt and water whist its being done,

Went for an MOT today, front spring snapped on the way into the garage and it failed on discs all round and a tyre.

All in all i don't think i'll have much xmas bonus left... everything at once. Oh and i just spent £150 on road tax.

Rant over :(

Rowan - Mortgage Expert

ClioSport Trader
  Audi SQ5
Just had 4 Pirelli's fitted, and apparently my front brakes are v.low and the track rod end (s?) needs replacing.

Goodbye bonus :(

Last edited:
  BG 182
Paintwork is so swirly it makes me want to vomit alot, rear damper decided it prefers the oil outside, steering rack bushes are loose like sleeve of wizard.

Hopefully my dampers arrive tommorow, then it's a weekend of shampoo, clay and menzerna! Mmmmmmmm