ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wheel bearing :(

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
im getting a loud humming that seems to start about 40mph, sounds to me like it could be a wheel bearing, only noticed it starting today.

any advice on how to work out what side/wheel its coming from? should they be replaced in pairs? how much do they cost? whats needed to fit them? sorry for all the questions just not sure on what to do!

its a 1.2 16v btw

cheers,
Martin

Best to Replace pairs to check what wheel it is either jack up both sides and see what side has play when you try shake it side to side

or

go 40 mph around a right conner and if it still makes a nose its the left wheel
go 40 mph around a left conner and if it still makes a nose its the rigth wheel

hope this helps mate

Had to get my new one replaced again, probably because I was given the wrong one!
Anyway, when you jack the car up, you should find if there is a faulty bearing it will not spin smoothly and there will be a rubbning noise if you spin the wheel.
Also, make sure you get the right one for your car (especially for 172/182) as diff models require diff bearing as i found to my cost.
Also, lowering shouldnt really affect it as only one of my nearings has gone and they have been on the car over 3 years.
They cost about £30 for most but 172 was £35.