ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel Colour change

Finally got my arse in to gear and did something about my wheels. Two of them were curbed due to a fail I had in the snow and the lacquer was bubbling. Managed to finish the last wheel today with assistance from Seb (Sofaboy). Cheers mate :)

Pictures aren't the best as they're taken with my phone.

DSC00125.jpg

DSC00131.jpg

DSC00128.jpg

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Excellent work. I'll see Fred, can't be assed with painting, always see my arse lol.

Hows the suspension? Still dabbling with the idea at the mo!

looks good, fair play for doing it yourself!

looks mint

Looking good!

Thanks! Plenty of sore fingers after doing it though lol

Excellent work. I'll see Fred, can't be assed with painting, always see my arse lol.

Hows the suspension? Still dabbling with the idea at the mo!

It's the prep work that's the pain in the arse, my 1st time with a rattle can and it hasn't come out to bad, pictures do hide a few imperfections lol.

Yeah still really happy with the Konis, get yourself to a NW meet and you can have ago of it and see what it;s like ;)

thats the best colour combo imo

what colour is it exactly?

It's Ford Graphite Grey, premixed colour from Halfords.

TT 225+
did you spray these with the tyres on? i need to do mine but i dont want to get my tyres removed!

look mint anyway :)

cool, and how did you get brake dust, etc off? just a good scrub or did you sand it off?

The wheels were pretty clean to begin with really but yeah just wiped any loose dirt off and sanded the rest of it off.

good job, who much it cost for paint etc roughly? i need to do the F1's i just got.

Ermm spent about £50 on materials I think it was.

Good effort. Id always be too scared to do it myself!

I was abit worried how it might turn out, so I just sanded one wheel down at 1st and sprayed it. Could always practice on a spare wheel 1st?

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
ah not too much then compared to a pro refurb, think i will by DIYing mine :approve:

yo ash, there is a place in hilperton who do powder coating, £40 a wheel, ive seen a set done and they look awesome.