ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel sealing advice

What are the best products for sealing and waxing alloys? I'm after a deep protection and hopefully a good resistance to brake dust, or at least so that it washes off easily and doesn't get burnt on :)

Danka :)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
bleach ;)

Nah something like autoglym extragloss protection is fine. Its a paint sealant thats very durable, and long lasting. I used it my my turinis and they came up fine :)

106 GTi
Auoglym Super Resin followed by there Extra Gloss protection works as well as anything. Holds up well to the temps. Just takes a while to do due the cure time.

I try and get a couple of coats on once a year then use a easy on and off WHEEL SEALANT when I get the chance inbetween which can be applied in 5 mins of so to all the wheels.

106 GTi
Problem with CG Wheel Gaurd is it contains cleaners so stops you adding multiple layers to build up some real protection

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
Problem with CG Wheel Gaurd is it contains cleaners so stops you adding multiple layers to build up some real protection

If I understand you correctly, if I apply CG WG and then re-apply I am effectively removing the first coat by applying the second??

106 GTi
Yeap the cleaners it have in it will prevent mutliple layers - 2 coats of it will just ensure proper coverage rather than allowing you to build up mutliple layers of it like the Poorboys or Swissvax ones will.

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
Would you not recommend the CG WG? I do have the Autoglym products but wasn't sure they would be upto the job....the main reason I looked for a dedicated wheel sealant.

106 GTi
I stopped using Rimwax and never purchased the Wheel Guard due to the cleaners in them as I like to build up layers of protection.

Standalone the Autoglym Twins will hold up as wheel if not better as any dedicated sealant, which is why I use them and then top with cleaner free one's as they are quicker to use than re- EGPing.

I use the Poorboys Wheel Sealant or Swissvax Autobahn ones on mine.

106 GTi
EGP - Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection
SRP - Autogym Super Resin Polish
CG - Chemical Guys

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Collinites, think it's 845, goes on easy wipes off easy & it lasts ;)