ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

When did you get your first RS and what age?

SG9 Forester STi
I don't really count as it's not an official RS but considering everything is Renault sport other than the shell and interior I'll go anyway.

I went from a 1.4 to a 2ltr clio as a 21st birthday present to myself earlier this year :)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Got mine two weeks ago and I'm 21.

Just lol at some of the insurance premiums some of you are paying though. I mean, f**k me, three-and-a-half-THOUSAND-pounds a year to insure a Renault! Christ alive :S

What a shite thread.

A load of kids boasting that they spend 3/4 of their salary on insurance for a shopping trolley.

clio 182 black /gold
I got mine when i was 32. I have it 5 1/2 years now. The insurance is shocking. It has gone up to £420. God dam robbers. I have never claimed against the car.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lols at the insurance to own a clio.

Mental.

They could have had a GTR paid for by now!

Mondeo diesel barge
lol some insurance quotes cost more than my car. I was 23 and paying £400 to insure that beast, would never pay more than 3 figures to insure a clio, but that's just me though. This is why I was driving about in 1.6 shopping trolleys when I was younger (Started of in a 1.0 though :eek:)

Renault Sport Clio 182
technically its not an RS but i had a valver at 18, and then bought my 182 just after my 20th birthday

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Quite abit of willy waving from the people who spend 80% of their out goings on a car, which is nothing to shout about in my opinion. Anybody could go out tomorow and get financed up to the balls to buy one.

I can either save up untill my renewal is up, and buy it outright, or I can get a loan for 4 grand, pay back 5, for a car that will be worth about 3000 when i come to sell it. hmmm....

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
20, 0NCB, insurance was £850 (I think) ;)
Was scary jumping in a 172, after not driving for a year and my last car being a 1.2 corsa.

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy
I was 18 when i had my valver. Then i had my 19 16v, And now i got my 182. Still got the valver to. Locked up..

this year, age 30. £400 insurance though which pisses me off

do you know how happy i would be with a £400 quote lol?

on the age related thing no i havnt got one im having to buy a 1.2 this week as my quote for that is £1400. what is worse is that I have the money for a more powerful car but then my insurance quote is £6000 which i cant afford :/

when im older :p (im 19 now btw)

Stripped yozza'd cup
Why are there so many people b******g about people spending their money on cars? I was always under the impression that people were free to spend their money on what they wished?
Plus, answering a question honestly hardly constitutes boasting does it?

Fabia VRS
if u have money why not spunk it on s**t.. wether its cars or whatever u want.. u got it spend it..

Turbo LY R27
Why are there so many people b******g about people spending their money on cars? I was always under the impression that people were free to spend their money on what they wished?
Plus, answering a question honestly hardly constitutes boasting does it?

Because other people clearly no best and you were wrong lol!!
Some amazing bankers on here driving clios.

Albi 200
I get my 200 in December, I'm 33!

When I was 20 I spent 4k on a Nova GTE, at 23 I bought my first brand new car a Saxo VTS.....

About 3 months ago. Got an 02 plate 172 after I traded the type-r in for a nissan note for the mrs. Wanted something cheap and fun to replace the 106gti I missed like a son.

Although, technically... I suppose it was about 6 years ago. The wife inherited an 85' R5 GT Turbo fron her nan (!). 33k on the clock, absolutely unmolested. I went on as a second driver and it was an absolute beauty. Sadly it got nicked after 8 months and written off. They crowbarred the corner of the door, lifted the lock and away they went ;_;

Currently have a a 1.2 clio and im 17 and lapping up driving atm, but being on here is annoying seeing all you guys/ and gals having the 2.0L machines

So just wanted to know when you got your first clio sport and what age u got it at
I was 21.

clio sport 182
just gone 19th birthday .. saved very hard paid car in full and my very high insurance :( great cars very recommend :)