ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

When does the EE stand alone network launch

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
I'm desperate to switch providers as fed up with the poor O2 coverage in my area. When will the EE network launch as a stand alone network?

AK

M240i
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349119687.590261.jpg

Huh?

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
Or am I talking jibberish and EE is only for t mobile and orange customers who want to upgrade???

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
Ok so to join the ranks of EE I need to get a contract with t mobile or orange ???

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
And any idea when EE and there 4G network will be up and running ?

It'll show as EE at the top of most Orange and T-Mobile users now. The EE 2G and 3G "network" is just the old TM and Orange network. If you want to receive the EE 4G network (as well as the old 2G and 3G signal) then you will have to specifically be on EE. If you take an iPhone 5 on Orange or TM now you will be able to switch over to EE when it launches but the costs of the contract and choice of tariff may increase or change. Not sure on launch date yet but the stores do have the stock of the other 4G handsets (not allowed to sell) so it should be very soon.

If your midway through an Orange or TM contract and want to move to 4G you will be allowed to buy out your previous contract with a 30% reduction.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
So Would I be better off waiting for the launch of the EE 4G network rather then going via Tmobile and upgrading that way