ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which panel filter?

clio 182,ff + 1.5 dci
ITG, GREEN, K&N, PIPERCROSS, WILL MAKE NO DIFFERENCE WHICH ONE YOU CHOOSE. THEY ARE ALL GOOD.

Well I had an ITG in, then put the OEM one back in and it felt faster. Obv. just placebo, but it'll make bugger all difference apart from in your head.

1.2 16v Dynamique.
Cheers for that. ITG I reckon. I had an ITG one many many moons on my XR2 and it went like stink with it on and sounded great.

remove the standard element from the box to see if that makes any difference to performance or noise - then you'll have some idea of the most that you can expect.

i've not tried this myself and would have thought it might be a little noisier but would be surprised if it made any difference to performance - in systems that can be improved, the restriction is invariably in the design of the air box and not the filter element.

worth thinking about before splashing £50 anyway:)

182 Cup, Octavia VRS Tdi
I'll get a K&N then if they are the cheapest. Can't you remove an air restictor/silencer or such like to improve air flow?

182 Cup, Octavia VRS Tdi
I've got a 182. That acoustic valve removal looks and sounds like a bit of a mission. I see on ebay the pipercross ones are going very cheap. They can't be any different to a ITG one surely?

I've got a 182. That acoustic valve removal looks and sounds like a bit of a mission. I see on ebay the pipercross ones are going very cheap. They can't be any different to a ITG one surely?

Lol you dont do much engine stuff I'm guessing!!??

182 Cup, Octavia VRS Tdi
I'm not a mechanic no, I tend to break bumper clips and the like.

I've just bought the K&N off ebay for £41.48. That will be fine I'm sure.

I'm not a mechanic no, I tend to break bumper clips and the like.

I've just bought the K&N off ebay for £41.48. That will be fine I'm sure.

Everyone break those shitty things!!

its like one of those things you try really hard not to break then they do and you think f*** it. But you can never be bothered to replace them!!