ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which sat nav?

Getting 1 for christmas, heard the tomtom300 is good for the average price range. Anyone have any recommendations on 1 or something similar for the price? Also do they come with speed camera locations?

Thanks

Yes the Tom Tom products are very good.

I have just bought the Tom Tom 700-very pleased with it!

You can pay a subscription of about £50 per year to have the speed camera locations included. I have got a Beltronicvs radar detector so have not bothered

Good luck with the purchase

A well built VW
Tom Tom one is supposed to be better than 3 from what i have read on other sites , My mate uses a PDA with tom tom software and its brill

garmin i3 - argos are doing it for £159.99 at the min & you can d/load speed camers locations to it.
we got one & its great.

I borrowed a Sony NVX-P1 from a friend a few weeks back and was very impressed, although searching around to get one myself it doesn't seem as packed with features as others in the same price range are.

Boxster S
I've got a Nokia smartphone with TomTom Mobile and a bluetooth GPS adapter from eBay and its superb. And you can download the camera locations.

Golf R/Leon FR
the tomtom one is a good little unit its smaller and slimline compared to the go 300, you can download the speed camera database for free via www.pocketgpsworld.com no subscription involved.

another awesome uit is the garmin nuvi its the same size as a pack of playing cards. its alittle more expensive than the go 300 about £360.

Mercedes SLK350
After using a Tom Tom one for a week, I can assure you for the money you will not find better.

Travelling from Coventry to London every day, driving around London, then back to Coventry, it has not dropped a signal once, more than what can be said for my TTG 700.

I highly recommend the unit, so much so, we have got my dad one for Christmas.

Best deal seems to be Argos. (£10 voucher back)

6/468 17poo
tomtom 1 all day long!!!better reciever than on a tomtom3, picks up something like 12 satelites has bluetooth on as well, is smaller and is cheaper i think halfords got it for 220!!!

Ryan

RenaultSport clio v6
tomtom one, as above, is excellent. got mine from carphone warehouse a few days ago for £220 :)