ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

White MacBook case stained

RS200
I'm not too impressed to be honest. I've had my poverty spec white MacBook for 4 or so months now and for a while there's been a mark to the right of the mouse pad and I've recently realised it's a stain on the case where my hand rests when I use the mouse pad.

Thing is my hands are always clean and it's never been used anywhere but indoors.

I'm starting to think that Alba have better build quality than Apple as my iPhone keeps cracking and now my MacBook has a stain on it.

Not worth the premium they charge. Has anyone else had any issues?

Noj

Jaguar S-Type Sport
common problem, also the magnets that keep the lid shut will crack the casing within the year

RS200
Oh really. That's awful.

I was going to be getting an iMac in the new year but will look towards a windows powered machine now I suppose then. Would have needed to put windows on bootcamp anyway so no biggy. Shame but I'm not going to shell out for the poor quality.

Noj

Jaguar S-Type Sport
Oh really. That's awful.

I was going to be getting an iMac in the new year but will look towards a windows powered machine now I suppose then. Would have needed to put windows on bootcamp anyway so no biggy. Shame but I'm not going to shell out for the poor quality.

Just get a macpro with two HDD's and do two separate installs. One Mac OS one Windows

RS200
Just get a macpro with two HDD's and do two separate installs. One Mac OS one Windows

Lol yeah good plan. Bugger the £800 MacBook.

Have had enough of Apple build quality now. Would two HDDs fit in a pro? Would they have to be the new solid state type?

Noj

Jaguar S-Type Sport
You can have up to 4 hdd's in a pro. And yes you can put solid state drives in but a macpro isn't cheap. Even early intel generations are expensive

DB.

BMW 440i
Mine is 16 months old, no problem with magnets or cracking.

Bit of polish on the dirty white parts and it's fine. Common sense really when buying a white laptop, cleaning solves it. Simples.

Clio GT 1.6
You may be able to get it sorted at apple, I was getting my iphone 4 replaced in the birmingham branch and I overheard a customer saying that he wanted his casing replaced and they were booking him in for it?:S
Ring support up - worth a try their customer service is top notch!

We have a few hundred of these at work and the state we get some in is shocking.

A bit of Foamclene and a cloth brings them up brand new!

RS200
Pmsl at something white being dirty and therefore poor quality. f**king LOL. Gonna give Ford a call later. c***s.

It's not dirty it's stained. I've tried SRP this morning and it won't shift.
f**king LOL at you being on here at 37 and not owning a Clio. Might give the sad patrol a call later. Thanks for the useless reply.

I may give Apple a call to see if they have had it before and if they can do anything. It may seem petty to some people but I don't expect the plastic to become yellowy stained after 4 months of light usage on a £850 laptop. Just like I wouldn't expect the paint to start falling off my Clio after a few months of driving. Thanks for everyone who wasn't spamming the thread.

Should have gone Pro ;)

BTW which old banned user are you then? Mike182? Nah he'd have gone Pro. Obviously someone smart enough to use a proxy.

f**king LOL at you being on here at 37 and not owning a Clio.

That's almost as 'f**king LOL' as being banned and creating a new account to get back on said Clio forum. Thin ice..

The white ones stain. That's why you shouldn't buy the girly version. You hands might look clean, but they still have things on them. You've not had it long. Take it back and complain.

BTW my original reply does read a bit c**tish so sorry for that ;)

I just had to lol at the rant, really. I love it when people on the internet bring out the old "you're sad for spending time on the internet' card. Especially when they're sad enough to join up again under a different username just to get back on "said Clio forum". Anyway, peace. As others have said, it seems like there are ways to remove the stain. Still should have gone Pro though x

Oh, and last time I checked, it's not illegal to be 37 and not own a Clio.

RS200
I didn't need a Pro, it has no advantages over the normal one seeing as I use it for internet and email a few times a week. It was literally to replace my old laptop that annoyed me.

I'm not sure why the references to being someone else? But that's off topic. I'll take it into Apple when I'm heading into London and see what they say.

Listerine & Poledo
Love it.

Firstly the moan about it getting stained. Of course, how iot looks is far more important than if it works.
Then how there needs to be a Windows install too.

I'll be sticking with my twin-screening HP i5 for a while I reckon, and the back-up triple-screening AMD HP.

It does have one major advantage TBH, it's not made of white plastic and doesn't stain ;)

Anyway Mike, I'm sure Apple will either clean or replace it for you. Hardly a reason to never buy anything from Apple ever again ever ever ever ever. Also PMSL at clean hands. Unless you prep for surgery each time you use it, your hands are not clean.

It does have one major advantage TBH, it's not made of white plastic and doesn't stain ;)

Anyway Mike, I'm sure Apple will either clean or replace it for you. Hardly a reason to never buy anything from Apple ever again ever ever ever ever. Also PMSL at clean hands. Unless you prep for surgery each time you use it, your hands are not clean.

Mike isn't banned.

This person who clearly thinks I'm a r****d without ways and means of checking things, not matter how clever they perceive themselves to be, is someone else.

RS200

Thank you Gregory.

I'm just a little concerned about buying an iMac and something going wrong with it, considering my phone and laptop have both had issues with build quality. That's all.

And to Goodj, unless you have a way of getting AutoCAD to run on OSX, then unfortunately I'll need a windows install on it.

Oh - and my hands are always clean. I lick them...