ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

who is r6ecm

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
While we're on the topic I had a Blue Astra VXR trying it on with me after the summer last year on a twisty road, either he was useless at driving or Astras can't take corners, lol.

cliosport 172 mk2
Ive had ago with my mates astra vxr silver not red on on a dual carrigdeway either lol but on a airfeild on mod property and i didnt fo too bad tbhquite shocked.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Vxrs arnt as fast as vxr drivers like to think! Surprised a few in the 172!

The guy in the video is just a r****d though!

BG 182
A standard VXR is not that much quicker than a ClioClio, but for a few hundred pound, you can an extra 30-40 bhp.. If only it was that cheap in the Clio lol :(

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
While we're on the topic I had a Blue Astra VXR trying it on with me after the summer last year on a twisty road, either he was useless at driving or Astras can't take corners, lol.

Astras cant take corners, they dislike them a lot

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
A standard VXR is not that much quicker than a ClioClio, but for a few hundred pound, you can an extra 30-40 bhp.. If only it was that cheap in the Clio lol :(

Agreed if you own an Astra vxr and care about going fast you will get it remapped anyway. At which point its a lot quicker than a 172.

cliosport 172 mk2
That 182 is awesome would love to have that sort of power would be very enterraining, i agree chip its a shame that with just 500 pound you can transform a turbo oem car to somthing better.shame the clio world takes more then just that :(

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
That 182 is awesome would love to have that sort of power would be very enterraining, i agree chip its a shame that with just 500 pound you can transform a turbo oem car to somthing better.shame the clio world takes more then just that :(

On the flip side though, 500 quid wont make an Astra VXR do over 40mpg on a run like a clio and be as fun as a clio in the bends, so its a case of looking at what the clio's good points are as well as its weaknesses.
If straight line pace is what you are after then an N/A clio is probably not the car to go for, but if you want a fairly brisk car with great handling, nice looks, good brakes and great economy all in a comfy and pleasant to use package, then a mk2 clio is very hard to beat not just for the money, but full stop!

RB Clio 182
On the flip side though, 500 quid wont make an Astra VXR do over 40mpg on a run like a clio and be as fun as a clio in the bends, so its a case of looking at what the clio's good points are as well as its weaknesses.
If straight line pace is what you are after then an N/A clio is probably not the car to go for, but if you want a fairly brisk car with great handling, nice looks, good brakes and great economy all in a comfy and pleasant to use package, then a mk2 clio is very hard to beat not just for the money, but full stop!

Totally agree :)