ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who Said "No New Clio V6..."

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
Sure about that?

I claim the scoop!

If you ever needed further evidence that Renault has a stake in Nissan, behold the Nissan Sport Concept....Otherwise known as the Clio V6

twins.gif

Lets hope Renault rework the styling and badge it Clio V6 MK3 with a 3.5 litre V6 or a V8 would be even better!

Last edited:

Nez

White Megane R26 F1 230
If its rear engine where is it getting the air from?

Though I do believe Renault will attempt another mad hot hatch in the future, I just don't think it will be any time soon.

Great photoshop though.

Clio 1.4 16v (03)
looks kool
but like 172.com said it wont look like that when i went to renault show saw the twingo concept here r my pics (search google for better ones)
th_DSC00984.jpg

th_DSC00983.jpg

th_DSC00982.jpg

th_DSC00981.jpg

th_DSC00980.jpg

th_DSC01000.jpg

th_DSC00999.jpg

th_DSC00998.jpg

the Twingo will never look like that if it did id have one yesterday lol

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

Though I do believe Renault will attempt another mad hot hatch in the future, I just don't think it will be any time soon.

Great photoshop though.

Evo magazine say renault have been making a 4 wheel steer car, maybe could lead onto something mad?

Mondeo ST220
seen this concept quite a while ago now. very very nice. the interior is amazing too. but concepts never make it out like that :(

Great photoshop though.

Evo magazine say renault have been making a 4 wheel steer car, maybe could lead onto something mad?

like the ye old honda prelude and skylines

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
Its not a photoshop.....and who says it has to be mid engined again?

V6 doesn't automatically imply mid engine/no seats

visualize whirled pe
I must be the only one here who thinks this looks poo.
It's just a big white mass of styling nothingness with a fat arsed overhang behind the back wheels, more like an mpv version of the old ford GT90 than a sports hatch.
I'd have that twingo over it as it looks better imo.

They will make a V6 type car just IMO will be a alpine badged car Renault/nissan have the bits and idealy the V6 whlst lost money it more importantly was there top car as such which is somehting all brands often need to help swop there knowledge and ability off and create PR etc.

visualize whirled pe
Looks pisch! i'll have mine anyday!

Exactly, I agree.

The mk1/2 clio v6 is much better looking, it's a like a futuristic cutting edge version of the turbo II, but the resemblance to the clio II body remains, from any angle it's a clio, on steriods.

That new vee/clio concept looks like the designers been given a set of rulers and told to use mainly straight lines. On something like the design of the Focus which uses carefully considered architectural lines from the construction of bridges as a starting point for styling cues, the hard edge design works but on this new clio :dead:

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
looks OK, but I don't see any V6 in it at all, looks more like a Megane variant than anything.

Renaultsport Clio 182
I must be the only one here who thinks this looks poo.
It's just a big white mass of styling nothingness with a fat arsed overhang behind the back wheels, more like an mpv version of the old ford GT90 than a sports hatch.
I'd have that twingo over it as it looks better imo.
you aint alone fella - that looks like the biggest load of sh!te i've seen for a long time! There's no way they're going to make that and it's not because concepts never make it into production....it's because it looks tripe!

Renault have stated numerous times that they are NOT going to make another Clio V6! End of!!!

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
Looks pisch! i'll have mine anyday!

Exactly, I agree.

The mk1/2 clio v6 is much better looking, it's a like a futuristic cutting edge version of the turbo II, but the resemblance to the clio II body remains, from any angle it's a clio, on steriods.

That new vee/clio concept looks like the designers been given a set of rulers and told to use mainly straight lines. On something like the design of the Focus which uses carefully considered architectural lines from the construction of bridges as a starting point for styling cues, the hard edge design works but on this new clio :dead:
Noones told you - straight lines are all in. Curves are out.....

I assume you will absolutley hate the new Lamborghni Reventon then.....

Last edited:
  visualize whirled pe
What I was pointing out is like you say; angles are 'in' but a collection of uncomplimentary angles is not how to achieve an appealing design just because straight lines are 'in'.
I made reference to Ford, people like Jack Telnack own at this sort of design and he was penning new wave hard edge stuff over 10 years ago, that's why the Ka is still being sold in the same guise now over 10 years later, how many styling changes has the clio been through since '96!

What you suggest is because it is angled it is trendy. Lada made straight angled cars at the same time as the countach was big news, no one puts them in the same league. So yeah by the looks of it all they know how to do is play with rulers.

172 A Cupwork Orange™
that is the nissan almera concept. it was in auto express about 3 years ago

or so the guys over at RS say....

top of the pyramid

Great photoshop though.

Yeah there playing with the 4wd adaptive drive thing like the nissan r34 gtr had, supposedly 40:60 distrobution