ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whos your insurance with ?

Writen off dci 100
Hi people,

iv had my licence nearly 3 years now and im 20 with 2 years no claims

my insurance renewal has just came through at £1544 with elephant i was just wondering who your all with and how much you pay...

LY V6 with Recaros
Greenlight. Was £441 on the 182 with mods declared (lowered, exhaust, recaros) When I got the vee it went up to £800 for the rest of the year, but I'd only had the policy for a few weeks at the time, so it's pretty much for the full year. They haven't charged any extra when I tell them about mods either so really recommend them if you mod it!

Writen off dci 100
Greenlight. Was £441 on the 182 with mods declared (lowered, exhaust, recaros) When I got the vee it went up to £800 for the rest of the year, but I'd only had the policy for a few weeks at the time, so it's pretty much for the full year. They haven't charged any extra when I tell them about mods either so really recommend them if you mod it!

how old are you ?

iv just looked on greenlight quote..

Excluded vehicles
  • BMW M3 (E36) model - (E30/E46 derivatives are still acceptable)
  • Citroen Saxo models
  • Ford Sierra RS500 model
  • Honda S2000, Integra DC2 & DC5 imports (UK DC2's are acceptable)
  • Imported Subaru models (UK Models are acceptable)
  • Lotus Elise/Exige
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evo (All)
  • Nissan 200SX models (All)
  • Porsche (except Boxster)
  • Renault Clio 172 “Cup” (non-ABS) model - (All other 172 derivatives are acceptable)
  • Skoda Fabia/Octavia models
  • TVR (all models)
  • Vauxhall VX220 Turbo
  • LHD vehicles (except Golf Rallye and Lancia Delta)
  • Vehicles not listed by The Association Of British Insurers (ABI)

My Legs
i was insured at 22 on a 182 cup packs for £650 driving since september 2003, 3 years no claim

i said that i was a non travelling sales man, parked on driveway doing 7k miles a year.

M2 Competition
Elephant always seem to charge a bomb for renewal. If you were a new customer it would probably be a fair bit less.

They're the same umbrella company as bell though... try bell for a quote.

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
23 4yr no claims (protected)
with a claim last year aswell

direct line £540
12k miles social,domestic,pleasure and commuting

Writen off dci 100
Elephant always seem to charge a bomb for renewal. If you were a new customer it would probably be a fair bit less.

They're the same umbrella company as bell though... try bell for a quote.

just got a quote from bell for £1294 saving me £250

cheeers for the advice its much appreciated

Clio 182 FF
We pay £711 for me, aged 22, driving for 2 years no ncb and my bf aged 25 main driver 5 yrs ncb and fully comp which isn't bad. I would dread to think how much it would be on my own! but thats with Churchill.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Greenlight £380 fully comp + track day cover:D

In the words of that song 'you can't touch this';)

182-racing-blue

Just a quick tip, If you put someone older on ur policy as a named driver ie. 25+ no claims or convictions it should (dont quote me) lower your policy.

I was a named driver on my ex's MGTF and it lowered it by a couple of hundred quid.

Writen off dci 100
i tried with bell by my self and it was 1900

so i put my auntie on and it went to 1600

then i put my gran on and its now at 1296 lol