ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why did I do it....... a moment of madness!!

09 GIXXER 750!!!
I had a mint Mondeo ST220 with every toy on it......WHY WHY did I sell it and get a Clio 182. The Mondeo was awesome and didnt make a sound. The Clio rattles like hell and is not as comfy with the cup suspension...I may have to change back!!!!! BUGGER:(

Golf GT TDI
I had a mint Mondeo ST220 with every toy on it......WHY WHY did I sell it and get a Clio 182. The Mondeo was awesome and didnt make a sound. The Clio rattles like hell and is not as comfy with the cup suspension...I may have to change back!!!!! BUGGER:(

possibly you were on a crack pipe?

my mum has a mondeo:dead:

106 GTI
Mondeo - family based car

Clio with cup packs - fast road/track driving car

What did you expect??

Da

Less
Like you can even compare the two!? :S

Two totally different cars aimed at two totally different drivers!

182trophy & Williams
give it time fella, a b-road blast is essential tho

surley straight away you must of noticed the extra power and handling?

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35

+1

And the clio is french and cheaply made, of course it's gonna rattle.
Like to think it gives mine 'character'.

rps13
+1

And the clio is french and cheaply made, of course it's gonna rattle.
Like to think it gives mine 'character'.

+1 for me too

clios rattle like s**t, did you not even test drive one?

i know when a clio is driving past my house because i can hear bits of trim falling off

surely you researched into 182's before buying one???

BMW M135i
give it time fella, a b-road blast is essential tho

surley straight away you must of noticed the extra power and handling?
The ST will most probably feel quicker than the clio and will be at higher speeds. And its has more power, don't think i'd call an ST220 to a 182 progession tbh.

exactly.

Big cruisers don't compare to hot hatches in any way, like said to put the smile on your face you need a good dry B road.

MCS R56
I see no picures here?

We don't need photos, it's a Mondeo - save the webspace for decent photos!

Mondeo is just a completly different car to the 182. If you are soft and prefer luxury over driver involvement, then you are not going to enjoy a Clio. Also, you ain't gonna get much backing on here. Keep the Clio and live a little.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
Mondeowned tbh. If you prefered that then you will never really enjoy the clio, you know what you have to do.

BMW F21 125d
The ST220 will weigh about 2 tonne though surely, the Clio is a drivers car and needs to be driven to get the best out of it. Yes it rattles, its French!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Ah the mondeo man, never happy until hes 3 inches from your bumper...

Just messing mate, they do rattle but then i suppose you would worry if they never lol

Cheap fast french shite ftw

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
The ST220 will weigh about 2 tonne though surely, the Clio is a drivers car and needs to be driven to get the best out of it. Yes it rattles, its French!

Just because the ST220 is bigger don't under estimate them. They're definitely a drivers car, probably one of if not the best in its class as well.

I also think you might well struggle to get rid of one on a good A/B road tbh

Toureg vW Transporte
i always thought the st 220s were pretty capable cars, they certainly look the part. why the change??

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've got one. Its for sale at the minute.

Bloody brilliant car and sticks to the road like s**t to a blanket!!

I went from a PPP'd Impreza to a nigh on 100K mile Clio Cup.

Good result in my humble opinion! I really rate it and I've come from a back ground of 300bhp+ turbo charged saloons and TVR's!

Cheers
M

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
shame chief. the rattles are a bit annoying id agree.

mondeo has the edge refinement wise, though the clio has the charm of being good on B roads.

320d
I supose the clio just isn't for you mate. Personally I like the fact the clio is small light and chuckable. The mondeo is a big fast heavy car, and although they are quick and handle well they drive differently to the clio. Think you just chose the wrong car for you mate, give it some time maybe?

I went from a PPP'd Impreza to a nigh on 100K mile Clio Cup.

Good result in my humble opinion! I really rate it and I've come from a back ground of 300bhp+ turbo charged saloons and TVR's!

Cheers
M

So your used to the loud noises and rattles?

a turbo'd yellow car
very big jump!

why did you do it then?

you must of put some sort of thought into the change?

their like chalk & cheese!

:eek:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
What the feck does that mean?
This guys wife uses a clio to go shopping
punk_rock_midget-1.gif