ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why did renault not think of this ???

Clio 172
See pics , note 3 differences from standard that cost pennies ! !!

What do you think ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    515.2 KB · Views: 840

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
That nav in the air vent is ingenious ! How does it affect the clearing of the drivers window though?

There's another vent on the side of the dash for the drivers window.

Great idea though, looks brilliant.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I like the satnav idea & flocked dash- however the white dials look gash.

Clio 172
While the dash was out I routed it to the cig lighter , such a simple job and vent is same size as sat nav , wonder how many will be like this after the weekend lol

The sat-nav idea is awesome! Really like that.

With the dials though, I think they'd look better if you changed the colour of the surround. The white background and silver surround clashes a little in my eyes.

EDIT: Before anyone says. Yes I know I had a silver car with white wheels... :p

Last edited:
I always wanted to do this and knew it was possible and not too much trouble, but just didn't use the nav much.

Looks good!

Clio 172
I could mate but it's really simple , just remove vent , remove excess plastic until sat nav fits ( I used files ) run charger wire through to cig lighter bond sat nav to vent .... Then have a brew lol

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Couldn't you put it in one of the central vents?

Or even better in the stereo :rasp:

It's a nice idea, and looks well executed, but personally I wouldn't do it as I value that vent as the one in the middle doesn't seem to come far across enough to get me in the face, whilst the window side one does. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking you for this.
Not too keen on the dials but the flocking is nice.

BG182 FF
I could mate but it's really simple , just remove vent , remove excess plastic until sat nav fits ( I used files ) run charger wire through to cig lighter bond sat nav to vent .... Then have a brew lol

Hi what size was the satnav? Also would it fit in the centre air vent? I will give this ago as soon as I know the size of the satnav! Thanks

Little bit of a revival but anyone planing on doing this should consider that when driving at night, you cannot use the O/S wing mirror. I have fitted a boost gague in the same place as the sat nav in this thread and it reflects in the window.
The central vents would be the best place to fit the sat nav.