ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why won't my head unit fit in nicely?!

BPY

16v 1.2
Excuse me if this is something stupid, but anyway it can't be pushed in any further. Is it because it's too long or the metal cage thing around it or something? Here are a few pictures:
qiIlQRJ.jpg

tLa6XE2.jpg

dMkzLWG.jpg

Thanks!!

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique
Looks as though the metal tabs on the cage have already been pushed out? At any rate you want to insert the metal cage first by itself, then pull the cables though hook it up and push it in, sometimes I struggle with the amount of wiring behind and it is a pain to make it go in.

Polo + Micra
yeah the metal cage needs to fitted into the dash first.

i had to reach up from the passenger footwell a pull the wires as i fed the unit in on my clio

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
LOL. OK..

Radio out.
Disconnect all wires.
Cage in and push some tabs up down and sideways. Pull wires through at the same time so you don't lose them.
Connect wires to the radio - make sure it all works.
Push any blocks/fuses/spare wire into the gaps around the IP/under the cage.
Push radio back - you might get some resistance the last few mm's.. if it's any more than that, pull it out and see what's causing the issue. Torch/fingers .. try not to lose too many knuckles on the cage.
Repeat until it clicks in.

If you're near Basildon Essex, I'll sort it out for you.

BPY

16v 1.2
HAHA, okay got it! i've been going round with it like that for like a month, safe to say i should probably stay indoors

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Did you seriously not notice those little tab things were stopping the radio going in, for a month????

BPY

16v 1.2
Did you seriously not notice those little tab things were stopping the radio going in, for a month????
I realised deep down that they were a hindrance, just on the surface it took me a month to realise I should do something about it