ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why won't my rear wiper park flat ?

LEXUS LS400
When I picked up my 182 a week ago it didn't have a rear wiper... I picked one up cheap on here (from a 172) and fitted it last weekend, however it seems to have a weird cycle.

It seems to wipe across the rear window, then back PAST where it started (about 2 inches) then returns back to where it began. If I position the wiper arm so that it's flat against the bottom of the window then the return stroke sweeps onto the bootlid under the glass.

All the pics I have seen on here has the wiper flush with the bottom of the glass... I have had to mount the arm at an angle of about 20 degrees (~2 inches) from the edge of the glass... it looks a bit silly, but it then sweeps the whole of the glass without touching any of the painted bootlid.

It also doesn't seem to manage to wipe all of the glass - the curve of the bootlid is missed so I get a sort of semicircle with the top chopped off wiped (if you know what I mean).

Any thoughts ?

Cheers,
Daniel.

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
I'm not 100% but if Clio motors are like most they run a "hall effect sensor" internally that tells the motor when to stop after it's cycle, these are not available separately sO I would imagine it's a faulty motor.

LEXUS LS400
I'm not 100% but if Clio motors are like most they run a "hall effect sensor" internally that tells the motor when to stop after it's cycle, these are not available separately sO I would imagine it's a faulty motor.

Cheers... I will grab another off eBay and see what happens. They're only a few quid.

Daniel