ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Window cracking noise

Hi guys, got a problem.

Wound my window down earlier, then back up it got half way and i heard a crack/ shatter kind of noise. So I assume some how the window has broken? I treid to get the door panel off earlier but didnt realise that the speaker had to come out first... for some reason, I'll have another go tomorrow now I know that.

Is it likely to be that my window has broken, if so how? If not ehat else could it be? Amd how easy is it to replace. The motor still makes a noise when I press the button. How easy is it to replace the window? A pain in the arse I imagine. I will have a bash but how much am I likely to be looking at if I need to get a windscreen company out/ take it to a garage, any rough estimates?

Car is a phase 1 172.

Any help appreciated.

Glass will be fine there is a small clip that runs up and down a rail that the glass sits on they are prone to failing... If not the pully on the motor would have cracked and the cable come off anf by pulling the switch the cable with now be tangled up like a tw*t. You can get replacement pulley and cable kits but for the hassle they aint worth it you might aswell go a scrappy and get a full regulator for the car ( Motor, Pulley, Rail ) and they are all assembled just put them on the car

Motor has 3 bolts and the rail has 2 bolts... The clip has a little Circlip kind of thing pull that off and the clip with come from out of the glass. Then its a case of take the old mechanism out and in with the new.

This guide will talk you through step by step thats what I used to replace mine

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...Window-Mechanism-Replacement&highlight=window