ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Window won't go down?

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
Lastnight I put my drivers window up. It might a funny click as it went fully up so tried to put it down and it won't go down atall now. Any ideas? Is it easy to take the panel off to check?
Thanks

PH2 172
Anyone?. It's been fooking warm today with it up lol
Check power supply to switch,if OK,bridge the terminals.If window works,you need a replacement switch.
Have you a question about why your aircon is not working?

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
Check power supply to switch,if OK,bridge the terminals.If window works,you need a replacement switch.
Have you a question about why your aircon is not working?
Cheers mate does the switch panel just pull off? Lol no it works just prefer the windows down tbh

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
Right the window is trying to go down when I press it but stops straight away. The switch is fine.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
I've got the panel off. Now I'm not too sure how to tell what's fooked. The long metal piece that goes down the door looks to be catching at the bottom?

There are 2 brackets on the window regulator that bolt to the door if you look behind the door skim, years of the door being slammed weakens these brackets and eventually they snap. You should be able to see if thats the case, if not take a picture, possibly the plastic part that goes in the hole in the glass has come out?