ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windscreen Replacement- who to use?

182 Cup, (2nd one)
I have a large crack in my windscreen and need the glass replaced.

I have a provisionally booked RAC and Autoglas to do the work

Has anyone had experience with either of them good and bad, so i can make a choice of who to go with.

Other than that is there any other national company you'd recommend

Cheers

Lotus Elise 111R
Autoglas did mine, very impressed, but from what he said to me, it is all about the fitter, not the company, some care and some don't.....but then he would say that!!

He was saying it is all about getting the right amount of glue etc, to avoid leaks. When you cut the original glue out, some of then just apply glue straight onto the old stuff, rather than cutting it all off and cleaning it first.

Polo + Micra
yeah i had mine done by autoglass the other week.

fitting was fine but they fucked up getting the right windscreen first time

Clio 182, 911, Exige
RAC Windscreens in Epsom did a great job refitting a rear window in my M3 and a crack in the front windscreen. Not too far from you either. I agree that it really does depend on the fitter as a general rule.

182 Cup, (2nd one)
^^^^
I am lucky i have a cup so i don't need a heat reflective screen. There was something over on renaultsport about heat reflective screen when i searched about windscreens but i did not take much notice as i don't need one.

Clio MK2 (1.2)
Autoglass are better, they cam to fix my backwindow of the 306, ok they got it wrong the first time cz i had spoiler bolted in the glas, but they came next day and did a good job, even hooverd after themselfs 2, now thats good service :D