ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

windscreen washer not working

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Anyone got any obvious suggestions to this problem...

When I use my windscreen washers the back one gets washed and nothing from the front at all (well maybe the smallest dribble).
When I use my rear washer, that works fine.

It's been like this for a while but if i remember correctly, it did it the other way round once...

Any quick fix or does it sound like an electrical problem?

Cheers,

Jon

182 Clio
Anyone got any obvious suggestions to this problem...

When I use my windscreen washers the back one gets washed and nothing from the front at all (well maybe the smallest dribble).
When I use my rear washer, that works fine.

It's been like this for a while but if i remember correctly, it did it the other way round once...

Any quick fix or does it sound like an electrical problem?

Cheers,

Jon

i got simlar problem when i wash the back no water comes out but it washes the front instead any suggestions??

Obsessive

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I'm changing my pump right now for the same problem!!

New genuine renault pump, £15 from euro car parts.

Ph1 172
i had this problem, if you take the pump out and take it apart there is a rubber float that moves side to side in the pump housing that blocks off one outlet (either front screen or rear), this float gets stuck, it just needs cleaning and will work fine.

2.0 Clio Sport 172 (03)
Ok,I have an 03 172 and I have a problem:
1. The front and rear washers aren't dissipating any fluid.

I have checked the fuse (this is intact), also taken the motor out and ran a voltage across it (from the battery) and it works fine. Also the pump works when I've taken this out and run it with the motor. BUT... when I ran a multimeter across the motor when it was connected in the car I don't get a reading.

Do you think the problem is due to the failure of a relay??? If so what's the best thing to do, change it myself or take to a Renault dealer?

Can you please help me!!!???

Many thanks