ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windscreen washer pump issue. Nowhere sells the correct one??

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Hi, as per the thread tittle I'm having issues getting the correct windscreen washer pump for my 182FF after mine packed in. As you can see the old pump taken out of the car by the garage is smaller than any others I've tried to get.
The garage tried all their suppliers and all the pumps they got were the same bigger style like this one so they told me to try and source one myself.
I've tried GSF, Eurocar parts and they were the same larger one so I thought I surely can't go wrong with getting one from Renault Parts Direct so at £75 delivered I ordered this one.

So this has now been delivered and low and behold its the same style thats to big :( .
Can anyone advise me on where I need to get the correct one or are my garage wrong in saying these larger ones wont fit?

Any help advise on this would be much appreciated as it's an absolute pain in the arse not being able to clean my windscreen! Top one in pic is my original one

20230621_175350.jpg

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
I've just checked the new one I've got for my headlight washers, but not got around to fitting yet, so can't compare to what's on the car, but it looks identical size/shape to the bottom one, febi 24633 is the part number of what I've got.
Any part numbers on the top one? Possible it's been replaced in the past with a slightly different one, still doesn't explain why the RPD one won't fit though. I'd want to have a look myself rather than the garage personally.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
There are 2 pumps, one for headlamp washer jets, one for wipers. The screen washer jet pump is the larger of the two, so I’m wondering if the previous pump (the shorter one), has always been wrong.

(4) being the shorter washer jet, (17) being the windscreen washer.

I replaced both pumps on mine when it packed up.

6CA7D4C1-4483-49C6-862D-C1F39EC0703B.jpeg

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
@hopgop1 Looks like the number on mine is 28920? and I'm rubbish at doing this type of thing myself lol.

@Mr Underhill, number 4 on that diagram is shorter but the intake is points out of the bottom of that one rather than 90" like mine and the larger ones.

View attachment 1649257
Hmm I’ll have to have a good look at mine. Not back in UK for another week, so hopefully you’re sorted by then.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
There are 2 pumps, one for headlamp washer jets, one for wipers. The screen washer jet pump is the larger of the two, so I’m wondering if the previous pump (the shorter one), has always been wrong.

(4) being the shorter washer jet, (17) being the windscreen washer.

I replaced both pumps on mine when it packed up.

View attachment 1649255
Interesting, had no idea they were different

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I've just checked the new one I've got for my headlight washers, but not got around to fitting yet, so can't compare to what's on the car, but it looks identical size/shape to the bottom one, febi 24633 is the part number of what I've got.
Any part numbers on the top one? Possible it's been replaced in the past with a slightly different one, still doesn't explain why the RPD one won't fit though. I'd want to have a look myself rather than the garage personally.
I replaced mine last year with the same Febi one 24633 and it was identical in size to the original Renault one I removed.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Good chance based on that number your old one is one of these?

Brilliant, that looks like the one thanks (y) . I'll get that ordered, I checked ebay but never thought to check on amazon.

I replaced mine last year with the same Febi one 24633 and it was identical in size to the original Renault one I removed.

That one looks the same as all the ones I've tried that seem to be too big.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Brilliant, that looks like the one thanks (y) . I'll get that ordered, I checked ebay but never thought to check on amazon.

That one looks the same as all the ones I've tried that seem to be too big.
I just went with the febi one that I'd read on here was a direct replacement and it was just of swapping the old with the new and it worked perfect. That was for the front screen washer jets.
Are you after number 4 in the diagram?

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I just went with the febi one that I'd read on here was a direct replacement and it was just of swapping the old with the new and it worked perfect. That was for the front screen washer jets.
Are you after number 4 in the diagram?

Its 17 windscreen one that I need. I've ordered the one from Amazon that hopgop1 posted. Should arrive by the of the month and will update the thread on if its the correct one or not. Cheers though👍

Renault Clio mk2
Hello!

How do we remove the 90 degrees mounted ones? I have two and have to replace the ones for
IMG_5747.jpeg
the front and rear window which seem to be a pain to get out.

How do I remove it without lifting the whole container out! The space is so limited as well.

Such a pain in the ……

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I have just had to change my washer pump. You can just about get the 90 degrees pump out, whilst keeping the wipers and linkage in place by bending up the plastic shroud, but you will not get a new one in without removing wipers/ linkage etc. TBH it’s pretty easy to remove the wipers and linkage with just basic tools.

Renault Clio mk2
I have just had to change my washer pump. You can just about get the 90 degrees pump out, whilst keeping the wipers and linkage in place by bending up the plastic shroud, but you will not get a new one in without removing wipers/ linkage etc. TBH it’s pretty easy to remove the wipers and linkage with just basic tools.
I figured!
Yeah it don’t seem so hard, going to fix it next weekend and make sure to also clean the inside of the fluid container and change both pumps so that’s done.

Renault Clio mk2
Just fixed my car, washers now working. Removed the whole motor for the wipers, removed the whole fluid container. Swapped out both pumps and put everything together.

Would say it was pretty easy when you know what to do but such a hassle for such a minor job.

Off to get it MOT now and pass.