ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windscreen Washers

Clio
Hi I'm new to the forum but just recently bought an 02 1.2 Dynamique with only 49k.
I have an issue with the washers. If I pull the stalk to operate the front washers it operates the back, not the front. If I use the rear washer the rear works as it should.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PH2 172
Hi I'm new to the forum but just recently bought an 02 1.2 Dynamique with only 49k.
I have an issue with the washers. If I pull the stalk to operate the front washers it operates the back, not the front. If I use the rear washer the rear works as it should.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

The rubber piston that shoots back & forth between the spouts is jammed.
Replace the pump, about £7.50 on eBay, you`ll get a good one eventually.
Or you can fath about shaving the piston on the one you have.

172 Turbo
The rubber piston that shoots back & forth between the spouts is jammed.
Replace the pump, about £7.50 on eBay, you`ll get a good one eventually.
Or you can fath about shaving the piston on the one you have.

Is there a decent one available Steve? I went to Renault and they wanted £50!

PH2 172
Is there a decent one available Steve? I went to Renault and they wanted £50!

The one`s I ordered are out of stock.
To be honest quality is a bit hit & miss.
The one I fitted to my car 12 months ago is fine, but the spare I had jammed within 24 hours when I used it on somebody else`s car not long ago.
They are common to Renault & PSA, so this one would be OK,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/For-Peuge...722789?hash=item4d0bc1a8a5:g:NhUAAOSwkShY91YW

IF ECP or GSF do them for a sensible price, it would makes returns easier if there is a problem.