ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wiring up EPAS

Clio 172 + megane 25
So I'm wiring up the EPAS upgrade to my clio 172, I have a few questions hopefully someone can answer.

I only have one plug coming from the column to the calculater/ control unit box, leaving 2 plugs on the box with nothing plugged into them. Is there any other plugs that I will need to plug into these empty ones on the control box??
I have done away with all the wiring loom and only making one up myself for just the lights ignition etc. So will this EPAS work with just power and earth going to it? I also have the variable resistor from eBay, if I followed these instructions that came with the resistor would that be the column working fully?

Clio 172 Merc ML55
You'll need to add a fused power supply and earth to the steering ecu (middle plug), the third plug will come with the ebay variable resistor, then its a case of following the instructions supplied and voila job done. By using the ebay resistor you bypass the normal system Renault used for epas so it will run independently.

172 Ph1
Image1465122571.171256.jpg

As said - middle plug is a 60amp fused live and also earth .
3rd plug eBay supplied plug , wires into the column white connector