ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wonder if anyone can help me?

Now stripped 172 cup
can some please tell me this is a small problem and not a huge one lol...
when im driving my car (172 cup) along and push the clutch down the revs go up as im about to change gear?

i.e when in third and at 3000 it jumps up to 3250 ish when i push the clucth down.
also just had a new clucth put in and gearbox re built.

a friend said it may be the throttle body?

hope someone can give me some input before i have to pay to get it looked at

cheer j

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
sounds like a minor leak somewhere on the inlet track allowing air in. How does it idle?

Mick

Black Gold Trophy
Bring it round to me if you like mate, I'm not exactly far away.

If I cant fix it then don't worry, if I do then just call it a drink or something.

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
It could be the throttle is sticking. Its a common problem. It needs the throttle body taking off and thoroughly cleaning and lubricating. I had mine done recently after the throttle was racing sometimes.

Now stripped 172 cup
mate that would be a touch! il have a look an clean the throttle body tomorrow and if that doesnt work, could i bring it to you some next week?

Lionel Richie
It could be the throttle is sticking. Its a common problem. It needs the throttle body taking off and thoroughly cleaning and lubricating. I had mine done recently after the throttle was racing sometimes.

cups have electronic throttle bodies, they don't stick, just break!