ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

World of Tanks

Listerine & Poledo
After having YouTube stuff it down my throat for about a week, I thought I'd give this "World of Tanks" a try.

It's actually not bad! Anyone else playing?

I'll say straight up that I am, without excuse, utterly s**t at it

Yaris Hybrid
It turns out that this game is pretty much rigged.

A guy by the name of Gevlon collected data and demonstrated that the game fiddles with stuff like the penetration rate so that everyone is close to a 50% win rate.

The game wants everyone to "have fun" so they hang around and pay for cash shop items.

As opposed to a game like Counter Strike where you get mercilessly farmed and pwned and you barely kill a single person for ages when you start playing!

Of course whilst you have the dubious benefit of being given a hidden boost now, when you do get better you will be cheated into losing all in the name of giving new bad players that false perception. It will drag you down to 50% so that bad/new players can be boosted up to 50%

Nissan 350z
Ive played it on and off for the past year its a nice change to the typical modern army soldier FPS :)

Its the kind of game thats good to jump on for a couple of matches to kill some time and so long as you avoid the clan wars side you can make do without relying on the pay to win ingame shop. Getting a premium subscription is recommended if you want to get near the bigger tanks anytime soon.

I've got a TierX USA heavy tank (T110E5) and im working on the Medium line now. Aparently British tanks are being added this year too :D

Listerine & Poledo
I've only just finished the tutorial, I want a heavy tank but cannot be doing with pouring 8 months of my life into it

Nissan 350z
Well theres 2 ways around that.
- Buy a premium subscription. Every victory grants 2x exp and 2x credits so you can advance through tanks quicker.
- Buy a premium Heavy tier5 tank for gold. Premium tanks are money makers, they get bonus credits and have better match making (will face similar oponents).

I think the lowest Heavy Tier is 5, which nation are you going to focus on?

Listerine & Poledo
Dunno, I got sidelined into buying a Renault Tank Destroyer, then realised what I'd done.

I think I'm majoring on Nazi tanks at the moment.