ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wot i bloody hate!!!

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Spent all off today till 6pm waiting for GAP Security to turn up!! :mad:

Arranged it a week ago, so it was all booked
waited till 2 pm rang them and they said dotn worry the engineer wil be there this evening.

come 6 nothing had happened. rang back only to get through to sales
they gave me his mobile number and rangt he fitter

he said he was still on a job, and didnt have any of my parts!!!
he said ring the sales team back and tell them please!!

so i WASTED my whole day off work, only to have nothign done

bloody annoying, theyl happily taken my £50 deposit a week ago,

I am soooooo pi******ed

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

im gonna, i lost out on £50 today

which is plenty when ur a student!!
there gettign a grilling 2moro mornin

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Cheers ClioJohn

i will be !!!

when they first installed the alarm they were great,

since then ive been hearign so many stories about them :S
got me kinda worried

im so pissed off tho, cause takin time off work etc...

all the other companies i deal with are great, thsi is the first and last time i use them again

I DOTN RECOMMEND THEM at all

never used them but i have read that is why they are cheaper than most, because basically they are rubbish !

try and get some sort of compo out of them, and if u havent paid for it yet go elsewhere.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

gap are more expensive than most ! i had a consept 300 fitted by them and they f**ked my car up, cant be arsed to go in to details, but i would never recomend them at all, they are a ripp off, find a audio shop near u that will fit an alarm at least then u can go in the shop and complain, most of the time gap just hang up on u if u get arsey !

They advertise as being cheap but they are the biggest rip off ever,

They quoted me £790 for a concept 300- with remote start,

Price I paid £499. And that was at one of the top three installers in the country.

And the other thing is with Gap you cant really get face to face with someone and shout and stomp your foot!!

Hmmm. Id avoid Gap. The fact that they are recommended by Adrian Fux is, IMO, a very bad sign. Crap service from Fux (quote you well cheap then give you double the excess on the paperwork) matched by crap service from Gap.

I had to get a Cat 2 immobiliser for a Pug 309 I bought -

"Thatll be £99 sir."

OK, Ill ring you back.

"Hello Sir - £99? No, weve never done them that cheap."

:mad:

And I cant remember what it was, but they f*cked up the electrics too - think the central locking strangely stopped working after theyd been round.

"Ooh, No sir - he wouldnt have touched that"

:mad: :mad: :mad:

IIRC, a Max Power staffer had them fit an alarm on his cossie - which then had electrical problems too...

Hmmmmm.....

AVOID.

LIKE THE PLAGUE.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

*****QUICK UPDATE********

Rang them up, and i didnt even get an apology !!!!

Right so he tells me in installatiosn that the engineer will rign you back and get the booking sorted.

No one rang back.......phoned up nxt day, oh yer sorry were tryign to fit you in. I know, can we send you the goods and you try putting them in? its easy just plug them in and off you go.!!!! LMAO

I said no, so he said maybe we can get you in Friday Morning, well rign you back......still waitign for their call./

Im begining to wish i didnt have it installed by them.

To be honest tho, the chaps who came round the first tiem round to fit the alarm were very decent!! they did everything properly.

And i thaught GAP were known for their backup service, cause they are supposed to have engineers availabel if your immobiliser packs up blah blah blah.

i had the Concept 300
Head Light activation
and Smart Windows

the alarms been great so far, just wanna add the titls/motion sensor for my alloys, and cliffnet PC wizard, so i can hook up to me laptop

gggggrrrrrr

Bloody company, pissin me off big time

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Hmmmm Friday mornign come and gone just.....had a call fromt he engineer, im stuck on another job, no idea wot time ill be with you!!! if i coem that is!!

rang installations, were i was told im supposed to eb the first job of the day !!!! wtf !!!! sort it out GAP

this is pissing me off soooooo much,

im gonna rip their alarm out and post it bloody back to em i thinks!

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

No cant do shiiiii*****

at the mo

Wrote a long letter yesterday to the managing director of GAP Security yesterday, and sent it special delivery.

Just gotta wait till monday now till i can maybe re-book or see wots happening.

Im so fed up with this its unbeleivable.

Ive asked for compensation int he letter so well see how it all fans out. i mgiht give them a ring now, see if there in, i doubt it tho.

:S

I would recommend against using a mobile outfit to fit any alram system, especially a Clifford. It jus cant be done properly.

ie. lack of tools, lack of knowledge on the job, lack of time, rain etc etc.

Always go to a company with a good reputation when it comes to fittin alarms cos they will have a proper workshop equipped with the right tools to do the job.

It took 2 days to fit a Clifford Concept 500 properly to my Mini. The boys did a good job and ive not had a single problem with the alarm in the 8 months of ownership.

Kenny

try n get compensation out of them as they are well out of order,

if not they must have broken some act/law some where, you could try and get them on that (dunno what tho but its worth ago)

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Thanks peeps!

I have sent a very nasty letter off on friday, it asked for compensation and a way to resolve this matter!!

i am gonna see wot happens, the letter went to the managing director ?!

if nothign comes of it, i think tradign standards will get a quick call, cause they surely cant operate this way? 3 times theyve cancelled and somehow got outta it.!!

ah well,

i even have the cashw aitign here, just need em to coem an put the darn things on!