ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Would you buy this car? Any advice welcome

megane 225
Just spotted this on ebay anyone recognise it got a few mods on it which would be good for me as I looking for a track project. Obviously I would have to get the plug thread fixed so couldn't hear the car running first which would is not ideal. What would this car sell for running properly.
Or should I just get a better speced car. What's the major differences between this and a cup Clio. Sorry for all the questions guys any help would be great.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321679744120?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Last edited:

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Personally (I know little about track cars) I'd spend a bit more and get a better looking and better specced one on here.

Something about that car screams McDonald's car park to me.

I could be being unnecessarily prejudice but that's my two penneth.

megane 225
I know what your thinking knuckles, the price did grab me though. Them dished drift style steering wheels do not belong on a Clio!!

182T
Can you fix the tread yourself or would you need the whole job done at a garage? Isn't a helicoil here a head off job? In which case that'll be a few quid probably negating any discount. Those seats are £180 new btw and the 'eibachs' are prob just springs rather than 'suspension'. You could get out-of-date seats for half that if you look.

The 'chav' aspects would make wonder about what treatment the car has had that you can't currently see.

megane 225
gonna give this one a miss and spend a fair bit more, could have got a timesert fitted with the head on in ipswich for £30 if anyone gets this problem give me a shout and I will point you in the right direction.

182T
"
I would never buy a car from anyone who considers a bonnet bra in any shape or form, even if they just consider it, hateful mod.
"

Amen!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
You see that a lot.

'Welcome to my track ready clio. As you can see I've changed the seats so you are good to go'