ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WTF??!! 41.4 mpg???

Cupped 182
Did a regular work run this morning from Brighton over to Winchester- filled up near Chichester & re-set the computer; then got slowed down by busy traffic for the rest of the journey (max- 75 on the motorway) & when I arrived couldn't believe the difference this made to my mpg!

Got nearly 10mpg more than I usually get, & just down to going a little slower.

Got me thinking, & I worked out that at current fuel prices, & doing this trip say 3 times per week, that by sticking to 75 max, that over a year I'd save £1254 just on these three journeys a week- forget any other driving!!!

Not making any great point about speeding or driving styles; just surprised myself with the difference.

White clique
I've done the same, i have managed to make my tank last about an extra 2 days byt sticking it in 5th as much as poss, so i fill up 3 times a month not 4 these days which is a result!

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
yep i1m a crawler when commuting! save the juice for fun at weekends but cant believe the money it saves! sad or what but its what were reduced to in this country until the government sort themselves out!!!

C

Cupster

Spooky!! I just added this to another thread!!

"41.4! 52 miles round m25 @ 70mph. (Reset trip while at 70mph)

Admittedly, I have not tried it since my decat,prospeed and piperX! Prob low 30's now!"

Shed.
i was averaging 32mpg, and the girl im seeing lives quite a way out, so the roads are duel carrageway, then open B roads which are BLOODy fun to drive on. After a trip there and back i was on 36.5mpg, and that was from booting it half the time.

Scirocco GT 210
Driving slower and more carefully increases MPG, wow, who'd have guessed? :clown:

And 41mpg is pee easy to get in a clio when you don't rag it silly.

182 has now gone!
In the week to work and back I get roughly 33mpg, thats driving on the bypass and through town..
Weekend driving up to my boyfriends on the A roads I can get anything from 35mpg upwards