ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wtf is wrong with it now?! Won't start..

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Sounds like the battery needs to be replaced. What is the red immobiliser dot in the middle doing? does it go out or stay on.

Immobiliser goes out straight away.

The cars been sat since June. Started up a few times between June and now. Battery's died around 4/5 times in between that?

So it's more than likely the battery?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Oh for sure if you havent been using it. If you have a beattery charger stick it on slow charge and see if you can revive it.

Thing is though I was using it on Thursday all day? Charged it overnight Wednesday and Thursday is fine? Literally just happened now. Started instantly (full charge) then now I've just put in my aftermarket Head unit and within about an hour or so just won't start? I'll add a vid in a second

172 sport
Thing is though I was using it on Thursday all day? Charged it overnight Wednesday and Thursday is fine? Literally just happened now. Started instantly (full charge) then now I've just put in my aftermarket Head unit and within about an hour or so just won't start? I'll add a vid in a second
I would still say battery, its probably got a dead cell in it. Have you got a volt meter?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Its happened to me in the same strange way: Drove to go shopping, came back and chucked my bags in the boot and wouldnt start, just click click click. Definitely the battery. Happens more when it gets cold outside too.

Mec 350 slk manual
When the battery went on mine the car started fine went 10 miles went shopping came out went to start the car and the dash lit up like a Christmas tree call the rac out had to replace the battery and never had any issues after that

Right put it on charge and now it starts. So it is the battery -.-

Has it got anything to do with the head unit I just put on though? It's all wired for a sub except there's no sub at the moment so I've got connections connected to the HU but not attached to anything?

Waiting on getting the power wire installed properly so it's not connected to the battery just the blue wire and red&white audio connected but not attached? Just there?

Thanks for the help people. It's my first 182 really. Been on here 3 years so know how age is hitting these cars and there parts now. Weird how it's just all happening on my driveway and I'm not even driving it yet -.-
Crankshaft sensor went, lambda sensors gone in the cat, and now a battery :up: all whilst SORNd

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
It wont be the head unit. Have fun with the sub power cable let us know if you manage to get that routed to the battery in under 20 minutes. go through the bung under the glove box that the bonnet release cable uses and comes out behind the coolant reservoir. Its a pain to do.