ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenon keeps cutting out

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Only noticed this evening. My n/s xenon keeps cutting out. When I turn them off and back on again it comes back on and then shortly goes out again. It's also a slightly different colour (blueereer) than the o/s. Both bulbs were changed for genuine phillips items in December so there are no issues in the bulb area. Sometimes when I turn my lights on then start my car they are on before but don't come back on when the engine fires up. Not sure if this would be related.

On the side. My auto lights don't work either.

Any help greatly appreciated as I don't want to be a one light wonder as it's one of my pet hates of the road.

ph1 172
I have EXACTLY the same problem as you! ...Mine is O/S ;)

I will be interested to see whats up. Ballast maybe?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I thought it might be the ballast but very unsure. I saw it on an audi recently, behind me, one light went off and then both, then both came back on when he realised and the same happened again and again!

Bux

Golf GTD
I had a problem with one of mine, it was like yours (working now and then). It was because of water getting into the ballast.

I replaced the ballast and it stopped for a while, but then we had some heavy rain and it stopped working again. I've since sorted the seals on the headlight unit and it's been working ever since.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I do have a broken arch liner :eek:

Certainly worth a check-a-roo as I'd been driving in the snow yesterday. Doesn't seem to have happened today though.