ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

yet another Clio 182 track day road going car. Callyteee's blog

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Its an absolute fuckton of work for little reward. Especially at Knockhill, when wee Stu had his flower supercharged it didn't exactly bugger off into the distance. For more fun and speed the thing I would buy is 100% a diff, no doubt.

Its an absolute fuckton of work for little reward. Especially at Knockhill, when wee Stu had his flower supercharged it didn't exactly bugger off into the distance. For more fun and speed the thing I would buy is 100% a diff, no doubt.

See with a diff you would be quicker but I think you'd really only get your money's worth coming out the hairpin. Any other corner your not spinning the wheels. Definitely a worth while mod no doubt.

Never seen the supercharged one go. Any old videos?

Fancied it as a something different but still manageable. It would be a long term build so no rush to get it done.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Na you'd benefit on every single corner, if I was to come into money that would be the first thing the clio would get! I think you'd gain a second a lap, easy.

I'm not sure if I do but I'll take a gander.

Without wishing to offend is it manageable at your skill level? I don't know how capable you are but its not going to be an easy swap with fabrication, complicated wiring, plumbing, custom parts etc etc.

Na you'd benefit on every single corner, if I was to come into money that would be the first thing the clio would get! I think you'd gain a second a lap, easy.

I'm not sure if I do but I'll take a gander.

Without wishing to offend is it manageable at your skill level? I don't know how capable you are but its not going to be an easy swap with fabrication, complicated wiring, plumbing, custom parts etc etc.

Suppose your right the chicane would be a good gain aswell.

the wiring and fitting I would put my hand to with. Fabrication and welding isn't my game but do have a friend who is a welder/fabricator who would help out. And a good mechanic mate who does do my major work when I can't do it.. Or more so can't be arsed to do :smile:

Just putting the feelers out for it, if it's a no go then no harm done. If there was a bit of a step-by-step guide a bit similar to the turbo guide in the engine section would break it down a lot easier.

Just got the taste for something a bit nuts haha! :stig:

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Fair enough. If you want something nuts buy something thats nuts out the box!

I think the VAG route makes sense for the 350bhp+ club but not for 260. You could do that by sending it down to Clio Turbo and get a fully working car back!

Fair enough. If you want something nuts buy something thats nuts out the box!

I think the VAG route makes sense for the 350bhp+ club but not for 260. You could do that by sending it down to Clio Turbo and get a fully working car back!

Aye I see where your coming from, That would be a easier option to be fair. Got plenty of time to look into it anyway, So no rush.

Cars booked up for Sunday's hot hatch/SLS day! Only minor jobs needing done before going, one being the rear ARB needs put on the harder setting and two new track tyres are getting fitted as we speak.

Got the track wheels in to get a refurb, will get a pic up when I get them back.

If I get the chance I want to move the battery inside the car, little less weight over the front. But apart from that just leaving do it thing for now.. If you see me up there come say hi :up::beers:

Fresh looking track wheels!

F0AF6B3F-5A8C-4899-AA80-222FAB9C2D97_zps3ptorchd.jpg

And how it's sitting with them on!

7EE68386-5650-49DA-AFAD-F8D7B0C90908_zpszo9utxwo.jpg

Trackday done, and overall Happy with how the car went. SLS day again and was the same setup as before where they had just two groups and mixed them up, meaning competition varied from the same group from a saxo and other clios too being up against Evo's... and there was plenty of them!! haha!

the day was full of red flags and other cars breaking down, had GSR's pink Evo go pop in front of me covering the windscreen in oil, then lost the whole session due to oil on track.

Was up with my mate and his mk1 Golf, was a good race between us, the Golf having a little more on the last quarter of the straight, but on the brakes before me keeping it close. He has a good video on me going 2 wheels on the back straight so will get that up when he sends me it.

Few pics of the Clio vs Golf

B854C55C-91C8-4327-83EF-610998567865_zps4vcufnow.jpg

848BB9FA-1CD7-4C11-9C38-72CC8B851FEB_zps6emqudvi.jpg

Managed to get one video, but nothing really to report on with it, can see how busy it is and a few Evo's not going quick enough...

Also found a video of a Saxo I was up against and it has both my pals Golf and the Clio.. Good footage of the Clio in two wheels again in this video! Clio appears about 3mins 45.

Few pictures I've managed to get off Facebook aswell. Deffo liking the look of the wheels :blush:

2B00474E-F57C-4CD0-A91E-492F831DD460_zpsxdgyh4mk.png

E82C1592-9CBE-4FA1-BA37-9DD61E68FC7C_zpsjuntebcw.png

5B56E340-9E6E-4484-95CB-D19120247983_zpszq77w7zs.png

437DABA2-0BAB-4666-881B-53B3991025C5_zpshwmgp2o6.png

117605D2-862C-4649-B9C2-9A1046FBBA78_zpsyhkbzi9m.png

204D745E-AC01-4167-925D-F0896E901F31_zpsqsfx0q65.png

00D6C228-3DC5-44FC-9E4F-AE2DCFFFFD56_zpst7fsps3y.png

Update:

Since last months outting the car came back and started running rough. Seemed like it was drawing air from somewhere... After a quick play about I changed the throttle body (bored out one) to a standard one and car ran a treat, so I've left it at that see how it gets on.

Modifying TIME!!

Latest parts to be bought are..

Braided brake hoses

0AEA5976-DEC1-461A-AA11-9593AC15E2E0_zpspijuqc6z.jpg

And decided to relocate the battery inside

Decided to go lightweight battery aswell. Cheers to the 320i in the scrappy for donating it's battery cable aswell ha! Copying a few on here with junction boxes etc..

CA3ECDD0-2DA1-432F-9D74-3193F8AEF745_zpstuqc8zo6.jpg

So decided to make a wee start on it after work tonight.

Removed old battery, fitted junction box, and made up some cable then I got hungry and called it a night haha 😅

2F955318-AD16-4150-B952-37574A944937_zpscwf9s89w.jpg

A1E2ADC4-FA82-422C-B967-02E57AEA780F_zps9kpzvvrr.jpg

That's as far as I got, still to tidy it up and make it look semi decent.

Some weight in the ecu casing and brackets! ... Extra .5 of a sec gained right there 🔨:spanner:😂

Planning on the 11th hot hatch day for next outting but not too fussed if I make it or not. Will wait and see.

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Update:

Since last months outting the car came back and started running rough. Seemed like it was drawing air from somewhere... After a quick play about I changed the throttle body (bored out one) to a standard one and car ran a treat, so I've left it at that see how it gets on.

Modifying TIME!!

Latest parts to be bought are..

Braided brake hoses

0AEA5976-DEC1-461A-AA11-9593AC15E2E0_zpspijuqc6z.jpg

And decided to relocate the battery inside

Decided to go lightweight battery aswell. Cheers to the 320i in the scrappy for donating it's battery cable aswell ha! Copying a few on here with junction boxes etc..

CA3ECDD0-2DA1-432F-9D74-3193F8AEF745_zpstuqc8zo6.jpg

So decided to make a wee start on it after work tonight.

Removed old battery, fitted junction box, and made up some cable then I got hungry and called it a night haha 😅

2F955318-AD16-4150-B952-37574A944937_zpscwf9s89w.jpg

A1E2ADC4-FA82-422C-B967-02E57AEA780F_zps9kpzvvrr.jpg

That's as far as I got, still to tidy it up and make it look semi decent.

Some weight in the ecu casing and brackets! ... Extra .5 of a sec gained right there 🔨:spanner:😂

Planning on the 11th hot hatch day for next outting but not too fussed if I make it or not. Will wait and see.

Did you make the 11th, or is it the 25th the next outing?

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
It was to get it going but when I could I got the scraper out! Scrapper was too big for the bendy bits ha!

Not really worth it but I want to paint the inside, so taking that out weight wise is me justifying a tin of paint going in haha :smile:

Yep that's how i justified it in my mind and then couldn't be bothered painting it!! Lol started painting it, realised brush wasn't giving me the finish I wanted and then spent another few hours cleaning that off!! :D hope you have more patience than me

A bit of WIP..

Started to paint the inside, good old tin of hammerite, blue hammered effect. Looks decent for a quick rushed job, still to finish it but the rain came and I ran, ha!

8EFFC9A1-EF1D-49AA-88BD-7742B923C254_zps5e0ouvor.jpg

Also recent new arrival, a set of these coolant hoses.

6FBB1EDC-7A90-4641-8543-C3F32AFE4416_zpspdeapriq.jpg

Not samco but good quilty, on eBay guy sells them new with no reserve. All for under £60. Just awaiting a new water bottle arriving.

Track side of things, looks like I'm done for the winter. Possibly putting the car away for the winter.

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
A bit of WIP..

Started to paint the inside, good old tin of hammerite, blue hammered effect. Looks decent for a quick rushed job, still to finish it but the rain came and I ran, ha!

8EFFC9A1-EF1D-49AA-88BD-7742B923C254_zps5e0ouvor.jpg

Also recent new arrival, a set of these coolant hoses.

6FBB1EDC-7A90-4641-8543-C3F32AFE4416_zpspdeapriq.jpg

Not samco but good quilty, on eBay guy sells them new with no reserve. All for under £60. Just awaiting a new water bottle arriving.

Track side of things, looks like I'm done for the winter. Possibly putting the car away for the winter.
Pretty good colour match Cally...... :up: You not up on Sunday?

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
It's a 150amp RCD. Easy to reset than replace a fuse.

Left it late to book on and as the weather was a hit and miss wasn't too fussed to miss out. Might take a run up at see what's going on and steal a few more mod ideas from people ha! :smiley:
Yeah it seemed to fill up quick, I booked early and took a chance on weather..... Meant to be dry but we shall see..... Bring your helmet with you mate

Clio 182 FF
I need to stop reading through these threads as I'm spending money in my head that my bank doesn't want me too :smile:

Awesome write up mate.

Can't wait to get started on mine.

I need to stop reading through these threads as I'm spending money in my head that my bank doesn't want me too :smile:

Awesome write up mate.

Can't wait to get started on mine.

It's easily done mate 😂 between that and talking to other people when on track and finding out what mods they have done then copying... Just don't add it all up when your done, it'll make you think what else you could have bought :grin:

Off on a Monday! What better to do than make a start on fitting new coolant hoses.

Before...

E05D3E05-E6E5-435A-9455-8773CEC8F9C0_zpsuppub7ke.jpg

During....

BB26EDC0-FBD1-488F-BD17-B71DAFE3BABA_zps8zl4syhk.jpg

879E022F-3A9B-459E-9715-053C2876AC2C_zps57aitv4n.jpg

And finished result...

66A181A0-EDBD-4604-9282-C4C851C60055_zpsnfmp22hc.jpg

Let it run up to temp, heaters on etc and took just over 5ltrs to get it refilled.

So then thought I'd get my cigarette lighter refitted, mounted in where the head unit was,

CF8BA806-E581-4C9D-87CF-8984BE606ECA_zpsetsyqacc.jpg

9E1AE07F-6F92-4206-8414-16BB391FAA13_zpsqezkrm62.jpg

Winter update:

Car is currently sitting in the body shop awaiting spray and fitting of its new bonnet. PMS lightweight number. Bought from @Damo-172cup on here :up:

Only real pic I have is when I got it...

6E85EC24-35F2-415A-AB0D-B70F10B90E7C_zpsv9tmoxew.jpg

Plus a set of aero catches to match!

25BB5716-B3FE-427A-9C58-67EE12C1703F_zpsuz97z08i.jpg

Decided I'm going to get the bonnet done in arttic blue just to keep it simple, was tempted to go carbon wrap or even gloss black but thinking keeping it "Standard" is the way to go.

The cars not really been out a run or anything of late, a few laps round the block if anything but recently I've had all my abs, traction control and services lights on, so will need to look in to that, as last time it was a pain in the ass to get ride, ended up with a new squib!

Small update, will get pictures up when the bonnet is done :wink:

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Winter update:

Car is currently sitting in the body shop awaiting spray and fitting of its new bonnet. PMS lightweight number. Bought from @Damo-172cup on here :up:

Only real pic I have is when I got it...

6E85EC24-35F2-415A-AB0D-B70F10B90E7C_zpsv9tmoxew.jpg

Plus a set of aero catches to match!

25BB5716-B3FE-427A-9C58-67EE12C1703F_zpsuz97z08i.jpg

Decided I'm going to get the bonnet done in arttic blue just to keep it simple, was tempted to go carbon wrap or even gloss black but thinking keeping it "Standard" is the way to go.

The cars not really been out a run or anything of late, a few laps round the block if anything but recently I've had all my abs, traction control and services lights on, so will need to look in to that, as last time it was a pain in the ass to get ride, ended up with a new squib!

Small update, will get pictures up when the bonnet is done :wink:
Look forward to seeing this mate, bonnet looks good quality...

Bonnet had been sprayed and fitted. And as a spray job it's absolute spot on. The front bumper and bonnet, you can see a slite difference, fresh to old, but if anything the bumper is getting it next if anything was needing sprayed.

Fitment wise, I'd say I'm 90% happy with the fit, best way to describe it as "Gappy" the bonnet to headlights has a finger width gap each side, and due to the bonnet pin it's pulled the bonnet foward, leaving a near the shuttle panel.

Being a little picky with it, as if not looking for faults you'd think nothing of it. And as for a fiberglass bonnet it's a pretty good fit, I have seen others look pretty awful.

Overall verdict -- Good job Done! :up:

ABF8E662-B4E2-4186-B2EE-2FA5D89EEAEE_zps2xmxv8hl.jpg

FDDE26CC-FBC4-4362-90F2-77212C3596EB_zpsoa3efitg.jpg

0F77F36A-5CF3-4E17-B452-BBB75986F522_zps789j8ghb.jpg

190F136A-D2FD-485B-B4D0-1C708BF4E879_zpspkhksbjs.jpg

1913B533-FA27-4CA8-844E-0EE2EA91D2DF_zpsmpshowwj.jpg

3A170887-2375-4625-9B39-3102CADB7992_zps5zuebewr.jpg

2016 update:

The car hasn't really done much since the last up date, maybe even hasn't turned a mile I'm sure... I've Been keeping it alive, once a week giving it a start a left running. Apart from that nothing new.

Thought I'd do a " To Do " list for the upcoming year. Not really planning much, think I'm happy to let it be just now until something major happens then I'd fancy myself a bit of Boooost!!

To Do List:-

- New pads all round
- fit braided brake lines
- get remaining track wheels redone
- oil and filter change
- 2nd bucket seat
- (60mm) coilovers

Made a small start on the list,

4B2ED83F-D78F-421D-B068-85D37CF1EB0E_zps6rqbhynb.jpg

First time trying Ferodo's. Been running with Mintex racing pads since day one and think they worked well.

I like that Ferodo give you a sticker, Love a sticker!! 😂

Planning on attempting to make the 21st but I can see the weather not helping me out here.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah I'm not booking anything until the end of March!

I reckon those xenons must be weighing you down a bit. If only I knew someone with standard lights you could swap with....