ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

yet another Clio 182 track day road going car. Callyteee's blog

A little sneak peek..

IMG_8196.JPG

:wink:..

Car was out for the first time 2017...

CSOC trackday, was an open pit day. Only down side was the rain but for me was a test day more than getting the max out of it.

Day started and out it went. Few laps no issues. Traction control light would not go off, still had abs! Asides from that no faults to show of as yet...

Got a good few laps in on the day. Was actually getting into a bit of rhythm, apart from hold back a little on the corner was starting to shift about fairly quickly.

So bad news!

20mins before lunch. Decide to go out before stopping and again car going well. Had a mate in a M3 trying to keep up and yet I'm hunting down a Subaru upfront... just over took the Subaru and car wouldn't take 4th.. then wouldn't take 3rd. Had like a "whizzing" noise from it.. Gearbox went tits up again!

Coasted half the track till almost stopping and managed to take 1st and this whizzing noise came back took 2nd and drive back into the pits. In the pits it spat out its gearbox oil this time. (Last time it popped a hole in the diff)

So back on the trailer and home! Looking for a new box and will need to do the strip down all over again. Not to disappointed... that's tracks cars!

The BIG unveil of the car wrap, all be it it's still needing finished off. Still got roof to do and to get a few decals aswell.

But here it is plus a few track shots :tongueclosed:

IMG_8263.PNG
IMG_8264.PNG
IMG_8265.PNG
IMG_8266.PNG
IMG_8274.PNG
IMG_8277.PNG
IMG_8278.PNG
IMG_8279.PNG
IMG_8244.JPG
IMG_8246.JPG

Trackday done!... and with no issues RESULT!!

So since last time the car has had another new gearbox due to clutch failure AGAIN and to save time was removed rebuilt and refitted by Automek

Gearbox done with LUK clutch this time as it has a improved pressure plate over the valeo stuff.

Trackday at knockhill 16th April SLS day with Clio track session!

Car ran faultless all day. Started off with being cautious, especially going from 3rd to 4th as felt a little stiff but think it was more getting used to it again.

Loads of compliments aswell which is always good to hear and appreciated, on both how it looks and how it was performing.

Had a great race with a 61plate Megane sport and playing with the Clio turbos was good fun aswell. Enjoyed the day and looking for the next. :smile::up:

Looking to finish off wrap and get the tail pipes sorted on the exhaust to tidy it up next..

Mod wise for now, happy with how the car is going and wanting to enjoy for a bit as it's got pricey for the last two trackdays. .... can always be tempted if something comes up but... do fancy the turbo route 😂

Few pics from Sunday.

IMG_8793.PNG
IMG_8794.PNG
IMG_8795.PNG
IMG_8802.JPG
IMG_8796.PNG
IMG_8777.PNG
IMG_8776.PNG
IMG_8782.PNG
IMG_8784.PNG
IMG_8785.PNG

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Wrap on this looks great. Really different with the grey details, like it a lot. What's with the GRP bonnets for these being so floppy though. The one on the green one in the pics above is shocking! I'd be putting a bit of metal in the front of it to try and stop that flexing I think.

Cool car though.

Wrap on this looks great. Really different with the grey details, like it a lot. What's with the GRP bonnets for these being so floppy though. The one on the green one in the pics above is shocking! I'd be putting a bit of metal in the front of it to try and stop that flexing I think.

Cool car though.

Cheers mate still to get it finished off. But It deffo sticks out now haha!

To be fair the one with the green has had bits chopped out as it's on throttle bodies
Depends where you put the aero catches aswell, mine seems to hold well.

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200

Cool car though.
The green one usually runs a pit king button in the centre to stiffen it up. It also has the slam panel removed for the itbs which isn't helping....., can't remember why he removed the centre support again

CSOC SLS Hot Hatch Day DONE... mixed reults tbh.

Car ran well and was a good day overall. but my Issue with it cutting out and only on Duffus Dip has returned. managed to cut out twice on the day. At a total loss as thought I had found the problem being dodgy relays. have done 2-3 track days since and no issues but now back and starting again with fault finding it..

I made a start checking the loom for bad earths, and taking out a few cables no longer used, re-secured the ecu down to cut out movement or vibration. I'm thinking its the immobilizer that's causing it but then who do I go and see about that...

new fuel pump has been order just to rule out a fuel issue or intermittent pump at fault.

any help or info welcome!

back to the track day...

few pictures as always :cool::tongueclosed:

18423215_1575274915824071_4494103658784772857_o.jpg
18425016_10155417302739301_4210814297743724446_n.jpg
18449589_1575274399157456_7998602334942569488_o.jpg
18449654_1575272209157675_1606906164151584740_o.jpg
18451686_663036663880629_2798899182302985242_o.jpg
18489689_1575275235824039_3762974462921927498_o.jpg
18518088_1575271929157703_7803177736445884161_o.jpg
18527030_1575275745823988_5879094817368271155_o.jpg

also managed to get the camera on the go so got a video aswell. have a video of it cutting out but doesn't really show much apart from 3 laps and then just a grass view haha.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
At least it looks great!

I've left CSOC a while ago so not up to date with everything happening but how was the standard of driving overall? Saw one video with a properly terrible move, was like a late 90s hot hatch day all over again!

You don't happen to be going on Wednesday night are you?

At least it looks great!

I've left CSOC a while ago so not up to date with everything happening but how was the standard of driving overall? Saw one video with a properly terrible move, was like a late 90s hot hatch day all over again!

You don't happen to be going on Wednesday night are you?

looks great when its beached on the grass 😂😂

I'm on the facebook page with them as they are mega active with trackdays, that video has been doing the rounds and was all kicking off a bit on facebook... there is another video of the car behind again and it makes it look even worse ha! overall standard was good, ive not had any issues as yet and if I know someone whos a bit 'rough' I keep my distance.

not making wed' night, that's the freebie one is it not? too much a effort for a late night 2hour session for me.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Lol, true but at least you've got something to look at from behind the tyre wall!

Aye? I get folk make mistakes but it didn't seem to be viewed like that which is more worrying for me. COuldn't give a toss about stone chips but I like my car to come home the same shape it left!

Na, its a private one that a boy in Fife has organised. Aye I guess its a decent shift for you to come that distance for that time. Do love an OPL over sessions though!

aye it was a case off 'go hard or go home I'm here to race' ...I stayed out it all tbh but both sides wouldn't step down and it was all a bit heated. for the sake of one corner I would have held back.

and that's it, aye stone chips and that are fine but if something was to happen and to make it worse you never caused it but now have to deal with it is all poor show.

where did he advertise/organise it? worth keeping an eye out for the next trackday he sorts.. I do prefer a OPL, used to be a hot hatch loyal aswell :smile:

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
100% agree. People need to remember its not a race!

I got invited by one of the fifers, a space is available if you could be persuaded.

Aye, OPL is just better, if I find myself in traffic I just come in, let it all cool for 5 and head out again.

Another track day done!

Since the last day the car was cutting out going down duffus dip..

Repairs carried out:-
- new Bosch fuel pump
- new earth cable (gearbox)
- removed Airbag modules
- stripped loom inside cabin of unused cables.
- check UCH connections
- check fuse box connections

Noticed a difference with the fuel pump, where I'm now able to hear it priming unlike the old one.

No real issues found with the cable side of things. Just a case of making sure was all secure and connecting proper.

The wrap got finished off and that's all that's really happend since the last update.

Track-Night 3rd July.

Open pit night with the CSOC team, the plan was to go out and pretty much find out if the car was going to cut out or not. Took the first few laps easy then once felt the tyres where ready, gave it ALL down duffus 😂. As the night went on the car was running great, managed to clock myself doing 80mph going into duffus and no issues so all good on the electrical side of things (here's hoping). And that that's the end of it...

As said no faults, so apart from giving the car a good checking over, and maybe a set of tyres soon, the wee car should be ready to go again. :up:

IMG_0548.PNG
IMG_0547.PNG
IMG_0546.PNG
IMG_0545.PNG
IMG_0544.PNG
IMG_0543.PNG
IMG_0542.PNG
IMG_0541.PNG
IMG_0540.PNG

Fresh tyres on as the old ones where starting to show there age..

IMG_0697.JPG

Got a hold of 205's this time instead of 195's and I'm not sure of them, they do slightly touch the coilovers, so might need to pull camber out a little.

Any one ran 205/50/15's, how do you rate them?

IMG_0699.JPG

Car is off to automek again this weekend to get the rear wheel bearings done under warranty, as the passenger side had only lasted one day before having play in it :sweat:

Still to fit this aswell... will get there eventually 😂

IMG_0700.JPG

Planning on doing the 6th Aug hot hatch day!

Another Trackday done!

CSOC Hot Hatch day running along side SLS.

Car ran spot with no issues, tried Harry Lap Timer for the first time and also managed to set a new PB of a 62:68sec so pretty chuffed with that.

car was getting a couple of comments about running well which is always good to hear :blush:

Weather permitting, might try and make next months hot hatch day as that'll be its final outing as winter season is coming :weary:

The car will be in need of new pads and discs, managed two seasons out of the disc which will be replaced for Brembo HC and pads which are DS2500 (which are starting to feel tired but haven't disappointed) looking to replace with DS1.11's...

Along with a few tyres and still to fit the front splitter the cars not really in need of much..

Have really been eyeing up a low boost conversion or a set of throttle bodies :tongueclosed: as a winter project as that's the only thing the car misses is that extra speed.. keeping an open mind on it all maybe might just settle for a set of cams, don't fancy the Megane swap as I'd like to keep my engine as I know it's a 'Good Yin'

Anyway few pics! :wink:

IMG_1757.JPG
IMG_1756.JPG
IMG_1755.JPG
IMG_1753.JPG
IMG_1751.JPG
IMG_1749.JPG
IMG_1748.JPG
IMG_1717.PNG
IMG_1716.PNG
IMG_1714.PNG

Waaaay over due an update.

So over the winter the car had a bit of a transformation. Decided to go down the Itb's route 😅 had seen a full kit up for sale a thought.. " why not :cool: "

Motorbike throttle bodies running an omex 600 ecu.

Screenshot_20180214-123036.png

20180214_162955.jpg

20180214_162846.jpg

So when all was fitted off to RA Motorsport for a map and power run. Was a little disappoint with the bhp figure but the pull on the car is really strong and overall it's a good result :up:

20180310_110827.png

Fast forward to April the 1st.. knockhill Easter hot hatch day. First day out and couldn't have been buzzing anymore haha! Wasn't hoping to set any times or anything but more just a good day out and issue free...

First video was mid-day and was having a good chase with the puma 1.7 turbo, overall it is still quicker but the gap has closed and maybe if I improve my corners and over technique I'm in with a shout...

On the plus side set a new PB of a 61.08 :cool: and was on a busy track so very possible and the target is a 60sec :up:🙈

Another video of inside the cabin..

Near the end of the day noticed an oil leak coming from what looks to be camshaft seals or there about.. have since giving the car a clean up inspected but can't really pin point.

The plan is!... new cam belt, cam and crank seals and a water pump aswell. Booked in for next week so hoping all good and already booked on for the 22nd April.

Will finish of with saying... WHAT A NOISE! throttle bodies make 😂😂😂 they also like the fuel aswell lol.

20180401_093658.jpg

FB_IMG_1522750900843.jpg

FB_IMG_1522750907865.jpg