ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yet Another Newbie!!!

Nrj

Mk1 Astra /eventually 172
Hello,

not got a clio at all but that will hopefully change in near future.

I'm mainly on the Vauxhall scene as ive owned a couple:eek: currently own a cav gsi plus my mk1 astra amongst other standard cars.

I've finally come to decide that my mk1 is too rare to track/race as panels are impossible to get hold of, this has made me turn to something else as i cant be assed to do another engine swap on a vauxhall.

This brought me back to Renault, even though ive never owned one, i cut my teeth on them as i done my apprenticeship on them so could be called a qualified Renault tech (not RTE, defo no my thing).

I was at Renault when the 172 was released and have loved ever since.

My plan is to get possibly a 172 to track as decent engine power as standard and light, i go to Nurburgring every year so want a car for this, my current Cav GSi was bought for this, i added full Koni adjustable suspension and big brakes which was awsome but need more power for the ring now, basically a proper set up track/race car.

Been on the forum reading this week and defo a decent forum imho, doesnt seem clicky at all which is good.

Noticed no-one really does many engine mods? seen a couple of turbo build but not much else, is it due to costs of new parts or down to all happy with standard power? coming from vxl side always see everything being done to engines etc...

Also i remember my time from Renault always replacing pencil coils but have seen no mention on here about anyone having any problems, have Renault now sorted this problem:rolleyes:

Im Portsmouth area if you have local meets to me,

Cheers for now.

1 Series Coupe
Sounds like you know your Vauxhalls!

Welcome to Cliosport, any info you need will be found by doing a quick search! :)