ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Your detailing blunders....

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Such good blunders here lol... The scourer pads make me cringe tho
my m8 only last week used AF clay n Wolf's Chemicals Pink Slip Clay Lube to do his brand new corsa vxr nurburg ring
and the lube broke down the clay in to chewing gum and stayed stuck 2 the car (plenty of lube used) was a rite mess took me 2 n1/2hrs 2 remove it without causeing damage
he was devostated!

Did he use Tardis before claying?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I remember washing a car not very well clearly after tardis. Literally dissolved my BH soft clay! That was so fun to remove!

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
Taking my car through a automatic car wash, the hand wash was bad enough but swirl city. 17 learn from your mistakes :)

133/225/CLS AMG
Taking my car through a automatic car wash, the hand wash was bad enough but swirl city. 17 learn from your mistakes :)

You say that but I'm sure it was 5th Gear who tested all the various ways of washing and the hand car wash came out worse than taking it to a machine. I assume it depends very much on the techniques of the hand car wash but I'd imagine the relative cleanliness of the brushes (spinning the dirt off) and constant stream of fresh water probably means less dirt going back on the car.

I'm guessing the unwashed mitts and dirty water going back over your car at a hand car wash could inflict more harm.

Either way, I think anyone reading this avoids both. :)

Clio Sport 172
Trying to polish my headlights and not trying it before on a small surface. Just went in and sandpapered with a small grit one and tried to polish it afterwards but nothing happened and so my right headlamp is now quite ugly.

Clio Sport 172
Nope, used the one that came with the kit. Bought a new kit today that made things better so no worries. Probably going to try it again in spring when the grime and salt from the winter is gone.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Hvaing cleaned my car for 6+ hours to then spill a cup of tea over the side of it. Massive Fail.

Honda & VW
Hvaing cleaned my car for 6+ hours to then spill a cup of tea over the side of it. Massive Fail.

Id have simply chucked a cup of water over the tea to rinse off, then dried it. Perhaps a touch of QD and error rectified surely. Unless of course your car is made of paper, or by tea you mean battery acid, in which case "massive fail"