ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Your steering wheel here please!

MINI-R32-integrale
Where did you get your dials from? They look lovely.

I made them. Bought a set of yellow dials, marked the originals to cut out the odometer on it's own, used it as template on the yellow ones and stuck it in.

Got original dial surround covered in carbon fibre by extremeinferno on here, he hadnt done before but i asked him to try & i liked the results. Then fitted polished dial rings.

37cd0790.jpg

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Glad to here :)

I never gave it long enough myself, in hindsight i probably should of :(

You need to buy the RS insert for it too!

Titanium 182
Glad to here :)

I never gave it long enough myself, in hindsight i probably should of :(

You need to buy the RS insert for it too!

Definitely, I'm always looking for a second hand one to pop up but I might fork out for a new one from Renault if nothing comes along around christmas! :)

been wrestling the head unit i this morning and remebered this thread:

some MOMO thing.. size unknown...

Photo1087.jpg

possibly, maybe, soon to be sold for 1 as in my car...

RMD suede 350mm

Photo1048.jpg

alien green rs133
interior was a tip when these were taken but meh, its slightly smaller diameter than rs wheel, but its chunkier, imo its lovely to drive with.

18189064a12274756123l.jpg

18189064a12274756056l.jpg

18189064a12274756194l.jpg

Attachments

• 18189064a12274756123l.jpg
    18189064a12274756123l.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
  2002 clio 172 ph2
Hi where did you get that re trimmed? it looks really nice and i'd like mine doing. cheers oh and how much did it cost ya?

Clio RS 172 mk 2000
Does someone have a refurbished phase 1 RS steering wheel on which there is something extra? Like a red/yellow rally stripe, different leather color than blue? Thicker than original or thinner?
I saw the alcantara one in this thread, but i'm searching for smooth leather, not brushed :)

I'm making up some designs for my steering wheel that needs new leather badly :p A design that makes it look more sporty, but still suits the interior and style.
While being refursbished, i'll place a nardi personal williams that i still have from my williams days. Off course, i'll make a picture for this thread when fitted.

Last edited:
  CRS172 Ph1
Does someone have a refurbished phase 1 RS steering wheel on which there is something extra? Like a red/yellow rally stripe, different leather color than blue? Thicker than original or thinner?
I saw the alcantara one in this thread, but i'm searching for smooth leather, not brushed :)

I'm making up some designs for my steering wheel that needs new leather badly :p A design that makes it look more sporty, but still suits the interior and style.
While being refursbished, i'll place a nardi personal williams that i still have from my williams days. Off course, i'll make a picture for this thread when fitted.

Wrapped Steering Wheel

5120051555_bacf4df093_z.jpg

or..

5172603570_c30a22803f_z.jpg

Clio RS 172 mk 2000
Is there a purpose to the coloured bands in the centre/top of the wheel? I dont get it?

Call it rally-like or sporty-like. Personally, I think it looks great. New Clio Sport and Megane Sport have it also. Actually such stripes date from ages ago :)

Clio RS 172 mk 2000
@Katonka,

Also a very nice design. Personally I would go also for 4 inserts and a stripe and coloured stitching.
Is it also thicker than original thickness? I mean the grip.

Z4 Coupe
Call it rally-like or sporty-like. Personally, I think it looks great. New Clio Sport and Megane Sport have it also. Actually such stripes date from ages ago :)

Yeah i dont dislike it was just sitting thinking, Whats the idea :eek:

clio 182
Yeah i dont dislike it was just sitting thinking, Whats the idea :eek:

Its there to indicate the dead ahead position of the wheel (when the wheels are straight) it’s a race thing most notably from rallying as the drive will have to throw in a lot of lock to counter steer a slide. It’s a nice visible reference basically.

I'm loving some of the re-trimmed wheels on here; can any one tell me the best place or procedure to re-trim a steering wheel? The leather on my 182 wheel is looking a bit ropey n I'd like to get it fixed up n looking sharp.

Also I've got a brand new in the box OMP WRC steering wheel for sale if anyone’s interested? As per the link below.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Brand...5&b=3&g=1078&gclid=COie1ePwgKgCFYFB4QodmFMnpQ

Clio RS 172 mk 2000
@KiMiNaUtA3000
Nice! Thanks :D

I still have these steering wheels from my Williams period like I said before. These were an option for the Swiss Champion editing and therefore fairly rare to find. The silver one can act as a replacement until I send mine for a refurbishment.

5585397771_82db025110_z.jpg

2002 clio 172 ph2
Another re-trim by Arran -

DSC00687.jpg

DSC00689.jpg

hi J, i love the steering wheel in your car and im after something similar. have you got arrans details, number etc. and how much that he charges? PM me if prefered. also where did you get the carbon fibre insert and dash inserts from?

canny wait to get my wheel sorted.

cheers