ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

your thoughts on ’patent’ parts

when you need new bits for your car, where do you go? halfords, local motor spares shop, online? even the dreaded reno;)?! just wondered what you think on the so-called patent parts available from motor spares people, what are they like? always used them before on my old cars, but are they thought of as rubbish or ok to use?

Mr2 Roadster

Depends on the part... I would only buy Renault Clutch cables and pedals but would have a look at most other parts to see what the quality looked like.

A lot of the so called patent parts are produced in the same factories to the same spec anyway. But then some are just plain sh!te...

Just my opinion!

ok talking about consumables like leads, dizzy caps / rotor arms, stats etc... fitted a patent clutch (relined one) and didnt really drive it long enough to see if it had a short lifespan or not, ut i reckon id go for the geniune one if i replaced major parts like that again.

Mr2 Roadster

Things that cost under £30, I always buy genuine or uprated...

Not worth wasting your time or money under that...

ah with you now...

but what about big things like clutches, water pumps, gasket sets, etc... you dont want the assurance that youre buying a reliable and top standard part?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by steve_rt on 21 May 2003

and what is this feckin <SCRIPT language=javascript> crap iget every time i post?!!!! <SCRIPT language=javascript>
I would hazard a guess its got something to do with asp ;) ...

nah Its something wrong with the javascript, perhaps you are using a different browser from everyone else.

but then again I just noticed your using xp and ie6.. maybe javascript is turned off on your browser ?