ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yozza Group Buy 2010 + Fitting a Yozza!

Yozza'd BG
I am going to buy a Yozza. Thing is, im wondering how difficult it is to fit myself in order to save paying a garage to do it. Obviously the main problem is not just bolting it up but also getting it to line up properly within the bumper cut-outs.

What are the chances it's going to go tits up doing it myself - so much so that I have to cut one of the tailpipes off like Cal182 (lol, not that id ever do that)? ;)

Do a lot of people fit the Yozza exhausts by themselves or do most get them fitted by a garage or Yozzasport themselves?

SQ5
Re: Fitting a Yozza

Its only four bolts. And by the way the joins are there isn't much wiggling around to get it right, it kind of just sits where sits bolted!

Doing mine on Saturday!

Lionel Richie

easy,

slacken off the cat bolts a bit
slacken off the 2 rear mounts
fit the centre section to the cat (loose)
fit the back box to the centre section (tight)
wiggle about to line up
tighten everything back up

stevie wonder pissed could get it perfect

Yozza'd BG

easy,

slacken off the cat bolts a bit
slacken off the 2 rear mounts
fit the centre section to the cat (loose)
fit the back box to the centre section (tight)
wiggle about to line up
tighten everything back up

stevie wonder pissed could get it perfect

Sounds easy enough! So why do some people have difficulty with it then?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

It is a piece of piss.

The only area of difficulty you will have is getting the standard exhaust OUT from under the car. PITA

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

Will axle stands about 6"s high allow enough room do you reckon?
Yeh I would say so. Its more to do with the angle at which you take it out and over the rear axel.

As it was the first time I had done it, it took me a while - But guys like fred who do it all the time would have it off in 2 minutes.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Like above its really easy, easier with a pit or ramp though ;)

Yeh I would say so. Its more to do with the angle at which you take it out and over the rear axel.

As it was the first time I had done it, it took me a while - But guys like fred who do it all the time would have it off in 2 minutes.

Good thread as I'm about to pull the trigger on (probably) a Yozza and had related questions.

National Tyres (I know....) told me you had to drop the rear axle to fit a new one...and I also saw a "got a Yozza" thread that showed a car up on the hoist with the rear axle hanging way down.

Am I right in thinking that's only if you're trying to remove or fit a standard exhaust without cutting it?

Is the norm to just cut the old standard one in suitable place(s) to remove it easily and then the Yozza bits are constructed over/around the axle etc..

Last edited:

Da

Less

Yep that's correct. The Yozza comes in sections and bolts together under the boot floor, after the rear beam.

Renault do a sleeve kit for the OE exhaust for this very reason.

Ta.
Getting it checked out tomorrow to find full extent of deterioration.

I'm pretty sure it's only the mid section that's gone so doubtless there'll be some second thoughts by me about "cat back" or just replace mid section!

GW200 FF

Nick,

Did you get rid of the Scorpion then? I thought you organised the GB on them. Still having fitting issues with mine :(

Renault Sport Clio 182

i just had mine fitted at Rentech Portsmouth, but they said it was easy, I/they also recommend getting new rear mounts as mine lined up perfect without any wiggling or playing, just bolted on and sits perfect.

Yozza'd BG

Nick,

Did you get rid of the Scorpion then? I thought you organised the GB on them. Still having fitting issues with mine :(

No mate, must of been another Nick. Ye, I am avoiding the Scorpion and others myself as they seem to get less positive write-ups than the Yozza.

Wish id got in on the Yozza group-buy at the end of last year!:mad:

Wish id got in on the Yozza group-buy at the end of last year!:mad:

How much were they at that time? I don't think I can see the thread as I'm only a forum member.

Any thoughts of another? I'd be interested if so.

Yozza'd BG

YozzaSport Clio 182 Group Buy
Completion Date: 30/11/09

Please put your name down if you would like to participate in the YozzaSport Clio 182 Group Buy.

Prices are irrespective of whether fitted at YozzaSport or not.

If you would like a system prior to the group buy completing; they are available with a CS members discount of 5% (2.5% for Credit Card Payments)

Fitting is £75.

Prices:

5-10 People

£349 inc Delivery (+ 2.5% Surcharge for card payments)

20 People

£325 inc Delivery (+ 2.5% Surcharge for card payments)

Cheers,

/y0z

Think another group-buy would take too long for me now...my original exhaust is on its very last legs!:( 5% Discount will have to do.

Renault Sport Clio 182

woth it guys, just had mine fitted and it sounds/looks awsome, will post pics and vids up this weekend.

but a great system.

Yozza'd BG

glad to hear it mate - im getting more and more anxious myself as the days go by!

Il pm the YozzaSport Trader and see if he's prepared to get a thread goin for another group-buy. I'l only wait a week or two tho to see what interest there is if it goes ahead because like i say, my original exhaust is on its last legs and im not happy losing power!:dapprove:

Yozza'd BG

The trouble for me is being in Scotland otherwise id propably get someone like Fred to fit it - although now he's told me stevie wonder pissed could do it im less convinced I need someone to do it for me, lol!

Yozza'd BG

YozzaSport Catback Exhaust System Group Buy = Go ahead!

Aiming for 10 people - so far:

1) Nick 182
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

YozzaSport Catback Exhaust System Group Buy = Go ahead!

Aiming for 10 people - so far:

1) Nick 182
2) yee_har
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Added to. C'mon guys!

I could see if we can get a fitment deal at the local family run garage for Central Belt-ers.

ClioSport 172 Cup
Is this the best exhaust for the 172 cup in terms of BHP and Torque gains?? Better than the KTEC Stealth??

Samuel

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Is this the best exhaust for the 172 cup in terms of BHP and Torque gains?? Better than the KTEC Stealth??

Samuel
I can't stress enough how much better the quality is of the yoz 172 system. The weight saving is obvious when you have them both off. And the yoz just fits, no messing about, just lines up perfectly.

182 FF
Ive currently got a piper exhaust fitted to my 182 (came with the car) you guys thing it will be worth changing to a yozza?