ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Zaino Z2

Megane 225
Just ordered some Zaino Z2 polish to get the Iceberg 172 ready for a show on Sat. I remember reading somewhere about using ZFX with the Z2? Is this true? Do I need it?

Thanks,

Stuart

16v Dynamique
Z-FX just enables you to put 3 layers down in 24 hours. It is not vital, especially if you have the time. Just put 1 layer of the Z-2 down everyday until you get the desired number of layers.

Panel wipe will do for an initial wipedown.

Megane R26
ZAIO or Z6 wipedown would be a good starting point for Z2P.

Zaino do recommend you use ZFX with your first layer of Z2P, but the first layer I applied today seemed totally fine without ZFX.

16v Dynamique
You need Z-6 or a QD wipedown between every layer, to ensure that all the product has been removed and buffed properly.

I don't use Z-FX either and it works just as well.

2.0 Auris
You need Z-6 or a QD wipedown between every layer, to ensure that all the product has been removed and buffed properly.

Its recomended but it works fine without it

Megane R26
I did 2 x ZFX'd Z5P yesterday and 1 x Z2P without ZFX

The Z2P took noticably longer to cure

Zaino recommend your first layer is used with ZFX regardless. The second layer of Z5P for me went down a lot easier and cured a lot quicker than the first.

16v Dynamique

Its recomended but it works fine without it

Im sure it does, but as I said, you should do a wipedown in between layers to ensure there are no smears and that the previous layer has been removed. This gives the next layer a better chance of bonding as it has a clean surface to bond to, surely?