ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£1,000

Volvo S60 D5

Ok. You have £1,000 to spend on your Clio. What do you do to it? (Can be one biggish thing or lots of small things).

Coilovers

Polyflex bushes (if someone could convince me there not going to damage the car)

Tunning box (exhaust and cold air intake for a petrol though)

172 M69 eater

i would say pick up a set of alloys(http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=3&TopicID=79301&PagePosition=1http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=3&TopicID=79301&PagePosition=1) then coilovers(http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=854http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=854), if u have enough left, then exhaust. Colour code yourself using the cliosport colour colding guide and bobs ur uncle, or aunt, depending on if hes a transvestite or not!;)

paTTY!

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

£10 of petrol + 1 match should see to the clio. Then put the remaining £990 to the insurance claim and buy a proper car.

Volvo S60 D5

Quote: Originally posted by Rick on 07 April 2004

£10 of petrol + 1 match should see to the clio. Then put the remaining £990 to the insurance claim and buy a proper car.
Huh? Proper car?

Tell me what I can drive cheaply when Im 19, something thats under 6 months old and has climate control etc...?

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Err, no thats what Id do to mine. Has your car not got any mods? 1k will cover a set of Alloys, tyres and some decent suspension I would have thought.

Volvo S60 D5

Quote: Originally posted by Rick on 07 April 2004

Err, no thats what Id do to mine. Has your car not got any mods? 1k will cover a set of Alloys, tyres and some decent suspension I would have thought.

Ok mate, didnt know what you drove so assumed that you were takin the piss out of my car! Ive had enough of that this week! :sleep:

Quote: Originally posted by Clio carl! on 07 April 2004

Tints
Bad Boy Bonnet
Delocked & Dehandled (including a smooth boot)
That would do me for know! lol!
Always like the idea of dehandled and de locked car until I left lights on by mistake recently and drained the battery!! if you de lock and de handle your car how do you get in if you got no battery charge>>!!

Mazda MX5 1.8

lets face it...... if some1 wants to get in ur car....... they will

i say - wheels (600 odd) - lowering springs (100 i guess) - IK (100ish) and exhaust (200ish)

then when u get enough cash - chip it

thats my opinion (probs a load of crap) lol

A grand? Ummm sort the rust and dints *lol* , lowering kit, alarm and thats about all the money gone!

Quote: Originally posted by cambsclio on 07 April 2004

clios r the easiest car i know of to break into, takes 10 seconds at the most!
Ummm you just bend the doors back, works on just about anything except really decent cars.

Meg on pistonheads £6995

£1122

virtually new 17s off e-bay (2000 miles) £410

40mm APEX drop £122

Induction Kit £40 (to fit)

Superchips £ 450 (next payday)

Insurance extra £ 100

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

i rekon a nice HU =£300 +/-

set of front comps = £80 +/-

172 wheels £350 +/-

Lowering springs 120 +/-

Zaust or tints wills set up back a lil over a grand all in all

Quote: Originally posted by number2301 on 08 April 2004

A grand? Ummm sort the rust and dints *lol* , lowering kit, alarm and thats about all the money gone!

Ummm you just bend the doors back, works on just about anything except really decent cars.

No need to bend the doors back mate, all u need is a bit of flexible wire

Quote: Originally posted by david_129 on 08 April 2004
i rekon a nice HU =£300 +/-set of front comps = £80 +/-

why spend so much on a HU when the speakers you will be playing the music through are cheap????

spend £200 on each

Quote: Originally posted by cambsclio on 08 April 2004

Quote: Originally posted by number2301 on 08 April 2004

No need to bend the doors back mate, all u need is a bit of flexible wire
crude method tho, my alarm would go off if you did that and is so loud it would make your ears bleed.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

Quote: Originally posted by bambam on 08 April 2004

Quote: Originally posted by david_129 on 08 April 2004

i rekon a nice HU =£300 +/-

set of front comps = £80 +/-

why spend so much on a HU when the speakers you will be playing the music through are cheap????

spend £200 on each
infinity comps are pretty good and i have em...got them for £80. You could get a cheaper HU though. Guess depends on how good u want ur sound etc.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Coilovers, very light tints and probably colourcode. Or maybe just a flip out screen with built in DVD! Not a decision Im likely to have to worry about-unfortunately!